[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

That definitely sounds nice, leveled with Ice Shot back in Incursion and it was quite smooth, except that you need Barrage for single target. Imagine it's still the same now.

Toxic Rain is super nice along with HOAG which carried my ass, need to respecc around 20~24 points but that's not really an issue. Highly recommend TR for leveling as a range build.

PP is still around ~30c, ex is ~55c right now. I suspect the price will drop a lot by day 3, let's us all hope :^)
"
Viktranka schrieb:
Spoiler
What about the buffed ice shot? It kinda synergizes with the phys to cold type of build I'd hope?

"
oMySunshine schrieb:
Spoiler
That definitely sounds nice, leveled with Ice Shot back in Incursion and it was quite smooth, except that you need Barrage for single target. Imagine it's still the same now.

Toxic Rain is super nice along with HOAG which carried my ass, need to respecc around 20~24 points but that's not really an issue. Highly recommend TR for leveling as a range build.

PP is still around ~30c, ex is ~55c right now. I suspect the price will drop a lot by day 3, let's us all hope :^)

Even with the added cold buff, it still won't have enough damage to serve as a useful single target for early maps. So yeah, you definitely would need something like Barrage. I did Rain of Arrows only because it works as both single target and clear and I didn't want to bother with 2 setups especially at the start. I'm technically supposed to switch to t-shot for single target + clear after the acts, but I really want to switch to wander asap to see if it's doable in early maps with Moonsorrow + little investment (I'll find out within a few hours). Meanwhile Toxic Rain doesn't really need anything and its damage is much better.

Honestly, I think even with the 40-50ish regret cost to respec from toxic rain to phys wander, it's worth it. You save at least a few hours in the campaign, and farming white-yellow will be much easier. It's only 40-50 regrets if you adopt the full toxic rain tree from the link I posted earlier up to lvl 75-80ish. If you do some sort of hybrid tree between wander and toxic rain (yeah they don't really share many commonalities) and take all the wander's life nodes, jewel slots (socket some shit %chaos damage jewel, etc), while taking some bow damage/generic proj damage, I think Toxic Rain will still be functional and maybe you'll spend much less on regrets

Sorry guys that I haven't posted a clear levelling guide yet; I really wanted to test all this out just to make sure. All I know for sure right now is that Toxic Rain is guaranteed not to fail

Edit: Death's Harp is only 1 alch now; I did all this with just a shitty rare bow, so my perception of the phys bow lvling process is probably skewed. That being said Toxic Rain will still be better according to my friend who did phys bow for the past 2 leagues + switched to TR this league.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 07.09.2019, 14:04:12
so, do you recommend toxic arrow to leveling to level 75 and then rebuild for use wand?
could you give me a skill tree to leveling ?
Thanks.
"
Kakaroto06 schrieb:
so, do you recommend toxic arrow to leveling to level 75 and then rebuild for use wand?
Thanks.

use this link for all the info related to toxic rain levelling

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s297/client/snv?noteGuid=4aedd9cd-3a6d-4f79-a8ce-eb2ca3810ae6&noteKey=c27b525c2f29f1ca&sn=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com%2Fshard%2Fs297%2Fsh%2F4aedd9cd-3a6d-4f79-a8ce-eb2ca3810ae6%2Fc27b525c2f29f1ca&title=Analysis%2Bof%2BKammel%2527s%2BToxic%2BRain%2B

Only switch to wander once you have most of the budget gear. These are: Thief's Torment, Poet's Pen (or maybe Moonsorrow, not certain yet), Hrimsorrow, Tabula, Rare boots/helm/shield with res/life/some damage, belt of the deceiver (or cyclopean coil if Deadeye), and Hyrri's Truth. I'd also advise having Taste of Hate + Dying Sun before switching for the smoothest transition. And ~2 jewels with life + attack speed/multi.

You'll need to sink a good amount of regrets, anywhere from 20-40ish depending on how closely you follow the Toxic Rain tree. You can basically breeze through all campaign + early maps with a white bow, which means you don't have to religiously follow the TR tree. You can spec into some wand-related nodes to save on cost later without compromising your TR damage by that much.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 07.09.2019, 15:54:42
"
Enahkra schrieb:
"
Kakaroto06 schrieb:
Thanks.

use this link for all the info related to toxic rain levelling

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s297/client/snv?noteGuid=4aedd9cd-3a6d-4f79-a8ce-eb2ca3810ae6&noteKey=c27b525c2f29f1ca&sn=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com%2Fshard%2Fs297%2Fsh%2F4aedd9cd-3a6d-4f79-a8ce-eb2ca3810ae6%2Fc27b525c2f29f1ca&title=Analysis%2Bof%2BKammel%2527s%2BToxic%2BRain%2B

Only switch to wander once you have most of the budget gear. These are: Thief's Torment, Poet's Pen (or maybe Moonsorrow, not certain yet), Hrimsorrow, Tabula, Rare boots/helm/shield with res/life/some damage, belt of the deceiver (or cyclopean coil if Deadeye), and Hyrri's Truth. I'd also advise having Taste of Hate + Dying Sun before switching for the smoothest transition. And ~2 jewels with life + attack speed/multi.

You'll need to sink a good amount of regrets, anywhere from 20-40ish depending on how closely you follow the Toxic Rain tree. You can basically breeze through all campaign + early maps with a white bow, which means you don't have to religiously follow the TR tree. You can spec into some wand-related nodes to save on cost later without compromising your TR damage by that much.

Thank you , I will do that and save regrets.
"
Kakaroto06 schrieb:

Thank you , I will do that and save regrets.

I've transitioned smoothly at lvl 75 with no real issues mapping so far.

You should take Deadeye first and grab Tailwind + Rupture for normal/cruel lab.

With Deadeye, your dps isn't gated behind TOH + Dying Sun so you can transition as long as you're using a silver/diamond flask combo in your setup.

Lastly, Moonsorrow works perfectly fine and costs ~1 alch. No need for Poet's. Nor is Hyrri's Truth neceesary at least not yet in T1-T6 maps
Toxic Rain+ HOAg has been so smooth I almost wanted to play it instead of Wander lol, but since I picked Raider I have to go with Wander now. Raider is a bit rough leveling with Toxic Rain cause there's not that many good nodes while Deadeye have Gathering Winds which is busted, but I guess it's better for the long run.

I specced into 17 points for Toxic Rain, other notables are still functional to a Wander so regret cost will be low, HOAg is really busted btw, even after the damage nerf. You don't even have to invest into Toxic Rain damage, that's how good HoAg is.

PP's cost is rising along with Exalt, that's not a good sign ): I guess we'll have to play around with unique wands, essence crafted wands or just pick up some rares and ID them. The automatic Proj. Weakness curse and (occasionally) Frost Bomb really carry our DPS, but I guess we can make do without PP.

EDIT: Something is bugged with HOAg, even with 94% chance to hit and 100% chance to poison, I still can't generate Virulence stack. This happen after I anointed my ammy but even if I take it out, the problem is still there. You can generate Virulence when mobs explode from Abyssal Cry but that's not reliable.

I had to make my transition to Wander extra early. It feels terrible, as suspected, good thing I have gems leveling already but I still stick to LA cause I already have some bow gear. This gear costed around ~7c

Spoiler
Zuletzt bearbeitet von oMySunshine um 08.09.2019, 00:25:20
"
oMySunshine schrieb:
Toxic Rain+ HOAg has been so smooth I almost wanted to play it instead of Wander lol, but since I picked Raider I have to go with Wander now. Raider is a bit rough leveling with Toxic Rain cause there's not that many good nodes while Deadeye have Gathering Winds which is busted, but I guess it's better for the long run.

I specced into 17 points for Toxic Rain, other notables are still functional to a Wander so regret cost will be low, HOAg is really busted btw, even after the damage nerf. You don't even have to invest into Toxic Rain damage, that's how good HoAg is.

PP's cost is rising along with Exalt, that's not a good sign ): I guess we'll have to play around with unique wands, essence crafted wands or just pick up some rares and ID them. The automatic Proj. Weakness curse and (occasionally) Frost Bomb really carry our DPS, but I guess we can make do without PP.

EDIT: Something is bugged with HOAg, even with 94% chance to hit and 100% chance to poison, I still can't generate Virulence stack. This happen after I anointed my ammy but even if I take it out, the problem is still there. You can generate Virulence when mobs explode from Abyssal Cry but that's not reliable.

I had to make my transition to Wander extra early. It feels terrible, as suspected, good thing I have gems leveling already but I still stick to LA cause I already have some bow gear. This gear costed around ~7c

Spoiler

I made the transition at lvl 75 and it's been smooth sailing since. All boss fights up to T9 have been ~5 seconds long or less and had no problem clearing mobs altho some take 2-3 hits. The AOE for Deadeye has been very good. I think for Raider it's much harder b/c of dps difference.

When I made the transition I had one rare jewel with 2 mods: attack speed + max life. For gear I had Hrimsorrow, Moonsorrow, random white shield from a vendor, Belt of the deceiver, Thief's Torment. Thief's Torment is absolutely key. It took me a while to farm this, I just camped Blood Aqueducts for 1-2 hours until I got a Tabula. I sold the Tabula + did chaos recipes until I could afford Thief's Torment. Without this ring, I can't imagine wanding being viable at all. After I had all those items + random garbage rares in rest of the slots, I made the transition and continued Blood Aqueducts. 4-link KB is sufficient for T1-3 map mobs, but no single target for boss. I farmed a second tabula at Blood Aqueducts and then socketed Barrage setup. And since then it's been going very well. No issue with dps yet in high yellow tier maps. Didn't buy a Hyrri's because it was just too expensive, but it's crashing.

Edit: I was wrong about Wave of Conviction; it is absolutely amazing for boss encounters. I plan on removing Frost Bomb in the guide very soon. The AOE is pretty crazy and you can proc curse + exposure while repositioning/right before you enter boss's aggro range
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 08.09.2019, 03:12:21
Yeah the transition was pretty premature, I needed some rest before making any more decisions. Just wanting to warn people not to rush into being a Wander lol. Definitely need a Thief's Torment, it's so essential.

Hyrri's price is high because it only drops from Legion mobs, I believe. They're not everywhere this League so the price is a bit iffy, will drop, definitely. Got an Ex to drop in BA lul, not sure what to do with it, still need to learn more about this aspect of the game.

EDIT: I was using Storm Cloud so I dealt no phys damage, which is needed to poison enemies. That can be fixed by having added phys on your gear or abyss jewel.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von oMySunshine um 08.09.2019, 03:48:59
Alright guys I've extensively updated the leveling section for 3.8. As the league unfolds I'll continue to make minor revisions. The passive trees are not yet updated, but you can find the newly updated trees in the POB pastebin links.

Wave of Conviction has officially replaced Frost Bomb as the best way to apply proj weakness + cold exposure.

I also plan on adding more videos demonstrating the build (this time recorded by me), as well as linking real examples of items in the guide rather than just POB pictures.

Good luck in 3.8 everyone! If you have questions/concerns feel free to post here I'll try to respond as soon as I can.

"
oMySunshine schrieb:
Yeah the transition was pretty premature, I needed some rest before making any more decisions. Just wanting to warn people not to rush into being a Wander lol. Definitely need a Thief's Torment, it's so essential.

Hyrri's price is high because it only drops from Legion mobs, I believe. They're not everywhere this League so the price is a bit iffy, will drop, definitely. Got an Ex to drop in BA lul, not sure what to do with it, still need to learn more about this aspect of the game.

EDIT: I was using Storm Cloud so I dealt no phys damage, which is needed to poison enemies. That can be fixed by having added phys on your gear or abyss jewel.

You should probably get a Tabula + thiefs torment with the exalt so that you can proceed to clearing white + yellow maps asap.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: