[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

DoT is kind of like a separate entity. I've done quick test in permanent league and i didn't notice doubled damage at all. It only works on hits.

Speaking of Elder/Shaper mods, PPAD (now Vicious Projectiles) is still a possible mod to roll on Elder bows. It still states old name, but there are few bows like this in standard delve atm. Well, chase item it is. I'll update crafting and gear +3 bow section later, maybe today or tomorrow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Isn't there now an "of the Underground" *suffix* that adds +1 level to socketed Dexterity gems, that can roll on bows?
I started this as pathfinder using Herald of Agony.
at around level 80 I realized the herald was not worth the investment and thus also pathfinder was not worth it.
Respeced into raider and its much better and faster plus can invest into frenzy charges reliably.
Used the mana reservation of the herald I used to run to do a blasphemy despair setup.
Overall the changes have improved the quality of life and damage hasnt suffered much.
I have a 6 link +2 bow and upto yellow maps. seems ok, bosses are fine albeit a bit slow even with wither totem and toxic rain setup.
I dont use GMP and im finding clear is acceptable.
Overall good build for cheap.
Could a Barrage+Ranged Atk Totem+Withering Touch+Faster Attacks apply Wither to single targets to a sufficient degree?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Kastanj um 02.09.2018, 19:04:12
I've updated +3 elder bow crafting to reflect 7-link possibility. More updates, mostly to levelling guide (sigh) will be done in next few days when i force myself to do it. Right now i want to enjoy Delve.

"
Kastanj schrieb:
Isn't there now an "of the Underground" *suffix* that adds +1 level to socketed Dexterity gems, that can roll on bows?

Oh, i didn't know about that. Didn't check all of the new mods that came with Delve. +3 bow with this mod is essentially 6,5-link. ~15% more damage. Seems like good crafting opportunity.

"
Markuchi schrieb:
Spoiler
at around level 80 I realized the herald was not worth the investment and thus also pathfinder was not worth it.
Respeced into raider and its much better and faster plus can invest into frenzy charges reliably.
Used the mana reservation of the herald I used to run to do a blasphemy despair setup.
Overall the changes have improved the quality of life and damage hasnt suffered much.
I have a 6 link +2 bow and upto yellow maps. seems ok, bosses are fine albeit a bit slow even with wither totem and toxic rain setup.
I'm glad you're enjoying Raider so far. It only gonna get better as you invest more into the build.

Withering Rain + Wither Totem is overkill, you should need only one to apply maximum stacks. Totem is still more reliable.

I also wouldn't call the build cheap now, the prices of 6-link bows went through the roof. Previously i could get one for 10-15c in 2nd day of the league. Now i see them at ~90c price range. Just look what popularity does to any build :(

"
Kastanj schrieb:
Could a Barrage+Ranged Atk Totem+Withering Touch+Faster Attacks apply Wither to single targets to a sufficient degree?

I haven't thought about this combination. However it would require 5-link to work:

Barrage - RAT - Withering - GMP - Increased Duration

Without the last link the Barrage RAT cannot beat Wither Totem except maybe 1 case - when you use Quill Rain (but that's too big DPS loss without +4 gems body armour). Really good idea regardless.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von DankawSL um 02.09.2018, 19:49:51
"
DankawSL schrieb:
I'm glad you're enjoying Raider so far. It only gonna get better as you invest more into the build.

Withering Rain + Wither Totem is overkill, you should need only one to apply maximum stacks. Totem is still more reliable.

I also wouldn't call the build cheap now, the prices of 6-link bows went through the roof. Previously i could get one for 10-15c in 2nd day of the league. Now i see them at ~90c price range. Just look what popularity does to any build :(

Im used to 20ex+ builds so its still very cheap for me and would think its pretty good for SFF.

Might drop the totem then as wither rain is good as the archer keeps it going while moving and while the boss moves around.
"
Markuchi schrieb:

I would recommend anyone to use GMP if you use agony, you're permanently at full stacks of agony by attacking once, and I'm not sure what you're doing, but my agony pet one shots anything it hits at 40 stacks.

Are you sure you supported your agony pet with good supports?
I'm struggling with this build and not sure why. About to hit maps but i'm at around 800dps and dying a lot mostly because I just can't kill fast enough. Sank around 130alts into a bow trying to get +2 skill to it but never got it. Right now I'm just using 4 link chest CA-Vicious Proj-Swift Affliction- Void Manipulation and do around 800dps with death's harp but if I put on the 5l bow I drop down to 600s so little stuck with what I got.

Just trying to find out what to do to help improve dmg as I must be doing something wrong and just can't figure it out myself at this point. I'm also not playing HC. In act 10. Haven't beaten game yet due to the struggle.
I just noticed there's something wrong with spoilers i guide's main post, i don't know why. It worked just fine yesterday, or maybe even today. Will try fixing it ASAP. (or maybe it's only on my end?)
"
HeeroMaki schrieb:
Spoiler
I'm struggling with this build and not sure why. About to hit maps but i'm at around 800dps and dying a lot mostly because I just can't kill fast enough. Sank around 130alts into a bow trying to get +2 skill to it but never got it. Right now I'm just using 4 link chest CA-Vicious Proj-Swift Affliction- Void Manipulation and do around 800dps with death's harp but if I put on the 5l bow I drop down to 600s so little stuck with what I got.

Just trying to find out what to do to help improve dmg as I must be doing something wrong and just can't figure it out myself at this point. I'm also not playing HC. In act 10. Haven't beaten game yet due to the struggle.

Best way to increase damage and survivability is to... level up! There's nothing wrong with taking it easy. I do recommend farming Blood Acqueducts until lvl ~70. Farming there is what many people do, especially in hardcore.

The fact you didn't get +2 bow gems is really unlucky. I assume it was a 5-link bow with item level 64 obviously like i've stated in the guide.

Your flasks need a lot of work too. Jade flask helps a ton early on, instant HP flaks (which you can now find around and roll them, even with transmutes) are massive defensive mechanics. You don't have anti-bleeding flask at all (which is necessary, starting from around act 5) You could use more hp on your gear as well.
"
DankawSL schrieb:
I just noticed there's something wrong with spoilers i guide's main post, i don't know why. It worked just fine yesterday, or maybe even today. Will try fixing it ASAP. (or maybe it's only on my end?)

The spoilers were working properly for me until about 20 minutes ago.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: