Too late to fix my build?

Im unsure if my build is currently on track to be end game viable. This is my first build and first time running through the game, ive looked into stuff and whatnot and found Path of Building to look at my stats and help me plan out my build, but my issue is my damage numbers. In game I feel like im doing good damage and 1shotting most mobs besides uniques and bosses but when I compare my damage numbers to other peoples builds and whatnot they seem to show WAY WAY more damage numbers than I am doing. Not sure if things drastically change come endgame or if my build is just not gonna be viable. Any help or replies would be appreciated.
I also dont mind having to make a new build if this one isnt viable.

My build: https://pobb.in/JYJfg2WpFv0p
Zuletzt bearbeitet von MaDD7eVeN um 03.11.2023, 07:09:38
Zuletzt angestoßen am 23.11.2023, 19:14:18
"
MaDD7eVeN schrieb:
Im unsure if my build is currently on track to be end game viable. This is my first build and first time running through the game, ive looked into stuff and whatnot and found Path of Building to look at my stats and help me plan out my build, but my issue is my damage numbers. In game I feel like im doing good damage and 1shotting most mobs besides uniques and bosses but when I compare my damage numbers to other peoples builds and whatnot they seem to show WAY WAY more damage numbers than I am doing. Not sure if things drastically change come endgame or if my build is just not gonna be viable. Any help or replies would be appreciated.
I also dont mind having to make a new build if this one isnt viable.

My build: https://pobb.in/JYJfg2WpFv0p

Hey Mate, I can see you've been waiting quite a while for an answer here. I'm not really a big bow guy, but can offer you some general advice that should help you progress through the game.

Skills - You have 3 different bow skills that scale damage in different ways. This is fine for early leveling, but as you progress towards the endgame you will need to choose 1 main skill and start to plan your skill tree, weapon, & gear around this skill to make your build effective.

Adding Ballista skills or supports to a skill can give you better single target for Bosses. Manaforged Arrows can support & automate other bow skills like Frenzy, & Power Charge on Crit (once you can afford the Mana cost)

2 of the most widely used bow skills for Deadeye are Lightning Arrow & Tornado Shot, as they have a high damage ceiling and synergize well with the Ascendancy.

I can see you made a couple of upgrades since your post which is great. Also consider a defensive setup with CWDT (Cast When Damage Taken) and either Immortal Call or Steelskin. You will need to keep these at a low level so they trigger more often, and don't cost too much mana. Check the text on CWDT for the max level of the linked skill suppoerted). As you progress and get some points into Mana Reservation you can also add a defensive aura like Grace to increase your evasion chance.

You can also level additional Gems in your alt weapon swap - just equip any trash weapons that have the right socket colours/white sockets and slot in any gems you want to use that you don't have available sockets for in your gear yet.

Support Gems - You have both Volley & Greater Volley linked to Burning Arrow. These don't stack so you're actually just spending more mana and doing less damage due to the downside - supported skills deall #% projectile damage. Toxic Rain also can't be supported by Volley. Explore some other supports that can boost your damage output. Mirage Archer, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Added Cold/Lightning/Fire, Trinity - (You actually have a pretty good balance of elemental damage for this)

Skill Tree - I can see you have Chain (Ricochet Ascendancy) and Pierce (Piercing Shots notable) You want to avoid having both as they don't work together. What shape your skill tree takes will realy depend on what scales your damage the best with the skill you use. You will also need to invest into accuracy, life & defences along the way to keep your hit chance at 100% and ensure you have good survivability. You should be able to cap your resistances with your gear, so try to avoid relying on skill points to do this if possible. Clever Thief will give you strong Life & Mana leech for very few points, possibly freeing up points allocated to leech elsewhere. Precise Technique is good for hit based builds early on until you get more crit chance/damage providing your accuracy is higher than life.

You get 20 refund points if you do all of the sidequests through the acts to make changes to your skilltree. At this point in the league you can also probably get orbs of regret pretty cheap to make additional changes as you go.

General - Your life pool is really low. I aim for about 1k life per Ascendancy trial, or around 300 per act. This will have you at about 3k life at the end of the Acts. Ailment avoidance/immunity is pretty much mandatory at this point as well. Purity of elements is great for this during the acts when your gear is bad. You can drop this later when you have other souces to take care of this (flasks, jewels, etc) You will also want bleed removal on at least one flask. This can kill you really quickly with a low life pool.
Don't be afraid to use your crafting bench to fill in the gaps as you go. With experience you will get a better idea of what to keep and what to vendor.

I made some changes to your POB to give you some ideas, but it's by no means optimised, i'm sure there are better ways to map out your points. I have guessed at what levels gems would be if you bought them for a Vendor in town.
There a a lot of great guides out there for newer players that explain a lot of the mechanics and interactions really well.
https://pobb.in/VVDbuM8NPceO

Hopefully i haven't missed anything important or overloaded you with information.
You're going really well for your first time and the learning curve in this game is very steep. Keep at it mate, Good Luck.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von BRDSCH75 um 27.11.2023, 17:25:44

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: