3.21 Wolf bomber | Minion instability | 1.7mil dps Uber P boss | 75/75 block | Build theory!

Hi everyone!

Yet another build concept idea which I haven’t tried. Unfortunately, I don't have time to play POE at all (irl stuff), but sometimes a new idea sprung in my mind, so I pobed it and share in hopes that one of you readers will like the idea, give it a try and come back to report how well it worked (if at all...).

So, what’s this all about?

Exploding wolfs!

I mean, who doesn't like minion instability, right? It's the coolest keystone in the game and probably in the history of RPG.
However, the problem is that the process of resummoning always felt kinda clucky to me and I found myself looking for ways to "automate" the summon.
Well, I found one! Law of the Wild!

Tldr:
Law on the wild has 20% to summon lvl25 wolf on melee crit
To max wolfs generation, we work our way to:
Muster as much attack speed as we can
100% crit chance
100% hit chance

easy.

Currently I got 36 attacks per sec, with berserk and ancestral totem, so:

36 hits/sec * 0.2 wolfs per hit = 7.2 wolfs per sec.

The second requirement is to make sure that the wolfs die before we reach 10 max wolfs.
Time to generate 10 wolfs is:

10 wolfs/ 7.2 wolfs/sec = 1.39 sec.

Time for the wolf to explode is (with anomalous Infernal Legion):
50life/(50dps * (1-0.4 res) = 1.66 sec > 1.39sec - problem.

To fix that I use Fortress covenant, located next to MOM. it converts arcanist dominion to minions take 20% inc. damage, so the time to explode is:

50life/(50dps * (1-0.4 res) * (1 + 0.2))= 1.38 sec

Yey!

Now you should comfortably cyclone around while your wolfs are summoned and blown... summoned and blown...

Pros

Pretty cool meme IMO
6k~ EHP
75/75 block chance
Constant flasks up
24 phys reduction with bone barrier and 4 endurance charges.
12K armor
Just cyclone around and occasionally place arcanist brand

Cons:

Minion instability is kinda harsh to scale up. Damage is heavily dependent on Elegant Hubris.
No league start.
Cyclone for damage, not for everyone
Melee - not for everyone

Build mechanics:

IAS stacking:

200% IAS from corpse pact
Tree + Spiritual command
25% IAS from RAGE (gloves)
20% more IAS from berserk
34% more IAS from ancestral protector (Phan + panopticon)

100% crit chance:

100% High voltage (shock from corpse pact)
200% from 4 power charges
137 crit chance support
80% crit from Elegant Hubris
150% from Dimond Flask with crit chance suffix
Precision
Ice golem

Base crit chance:
7.5%~ law of the wield
2% crit support
1.5%~ Reedemer armor mode
0.7%~ Kaom’s spirit corruption

100% Hit chance:

Additional accuracy support (I hate it, but can’t find other solution...)
250~ from Abyss jewel
Ice Golem

100% Flask uptime:

We get the modifier "gain a flask charge on critical strike", either from watcher’s eye or hunter belt modifier.

Without berserk and ancestral protector, I got 22 hits/sec, so we easily hit the 10 charges/sec cap

Our flask has 50% charge recovery + 30%~ inc. flask charges gained, to a total of: 10*1.5*1.3=19.5 charges/sec

More than enough...

ES recovery

Devouring diadem + MOM + Wicked Ward (I Love this combo):
MOM transfer dmg to mana
Eldritch battery (from Devouring diadem) transfer dmg to ES
Devouring diadem also force start ES recharge when we use skills.
Wicked Ward maintains ES recharge.
In other words, ES recharge should be up all the time.

Plus, we get extra regen from essence glutton.

We also grab the mastery 30% of chaos dmg does not bypass ES (Even with MOM, chaos dmg will bypass es)

We scale ES up until we get 60% life / 40% ES ratio.

Life recovery

We have no life regen cuz of kaom's spirit, so I used life flasks (we got charges generation, so no problem)
And life gained on hit from watchers eye.
U can use life gain on hit support instead of accuracy support, until you'll get it from watcher's eye.
With 22 (unbuffed) to 36 (buffed) hits per sec, ull recover approx 550-900 life per sec

Impossible escape + Elegant Hubris:

This is a very nice and powerful combo.
It allows specing only the (very) powerful notables, without wasting points pathing to them.

Before you path there, search and buy your elegant hubris first. Modes to prioritize:
1. minion life
2. minion damage
3. Crit chance

Other useful modes are block, spell block, power charge on crit and lastly chaos and normal res.

This is your main source of damage, so always prioritize the first 2 options before the rest.

The best location for elegant hubris is either east or west to scion. pathing there has the same cost.

There are many options for elegant hubris, so you shouldn't have trouble getting one for a decent price. The fact that there are TONS of notables and keystones nearby (for impossible escape), opens a lot of options.

Shield options:

Cheap:
Minion shield with as much minion damage and minion life as you can get.
Other than that, get block/spell block, life, es, res etc.

Expensive – The squire:
It's actually doubling the damage compared to t1 minion damage and life rare shield

Other mechanics:

Cover in ash from Polaric devastation
arcanist brand for 3 curses (Flammability, ele weakness, punishment)
Ice Golem linked with feeding frenzy/cull
Kaom's spirit for rage generation and berserk uptime.

Gearing and Pricing

Head - 1 div:
Devouring diadem with 33+ dex & str
With berserk’s reduced rage consumption enchantment (BIS) its 2-3 Div.

Amulet - Stranglegasp - 5div (get a corrupted one, it's much cheaper):
Annoited with:
Whispers of doom (Most amulets already have it)
High Voltage
Panopticon
Smashing blows for endurance charges, or anything else you m8 prefer
Weapon:
Law of the wild – 1c
With Power charge on crit corruption – 40~C

Armor - This could be expensive 5-8 dev~:
Vaal regalia:
%ES/Flat ES
Additional curse
1.4%+ attack crit chance
Craft Spell block chance

Gloves – Kaom’s Spirit:
Normal – 10C
+attack crit chance corruption – 4Div

Ring 1 - Polaric devastation – 20C

Ring 2 – rare unset ring - 100-200c:
life
ES
res
craft -3 mana cost for channeling skills

Belt - Stygian vise - 1-2Div:
Life
res
inc. flask charges gained.
Optional:
inc. flask duration
Flask charge on hit (hunter mode)

Boots - 3~Div:
Implicit – 5%+ action speed:
mods:
life/ es
res
craft MS with 100% avoid chill.

Jewels:
Abyss jewel - 20c~:
additional flat fire damage
life
res

Watcher's eye - 3-4 Div:
Precision Flask charge on hit
Vitality life gained on hit.
Determination block

Fortress covenant (place next to MOM) - 1-2 Div (depends on %damage)

Forbidden flesh/flame - about 100c/e:
Bone barrier (damage, defense, and recovery)
The red nightmare - 60c

POB
https://pobb.in/tA8tvq4xVW48

Gems:

Helm:
Precision – Vitality – Discipline - Determination

Law of the wild:
Anomalous infernal legion - Awk ele focus – Minion life

Shield:
Rare:
Whirling blade – Culling strike – Tempest shield/Combustion
Or aspect of the spider instead of tempest shield.

The squire:
Awk fire pen – Hypothermia - Conc effect

Armor
Cyclone - Crit chance – CoC – Bone Offering – Desecrate – Additional accuracy

Gloves:
Arcanist brand – Flammability – Ele weakness – Punishment

Boots:
Ancestral protector – Ice golem – Feeding frenzy/culling strike – Berserk

Unset Ring (for the squire):
Whirling blade/shield charge (whichever u prefer)

That's it, hope you liked the idea.
If you liked it and decide to go for it, let me know how it worked!

Thanks!
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Evia1 um 26.07.2023, 09:23:19
Zuletzt angestoßen am 25.04.2024, 15:28:47
you have combustion crucible , and power charge on crit implict, do we have any other way to generate power charges ?
Power charges are generated with the claw corruption.
The combustion support is a mistake, it doesn't work on the wolfs because its not a skill gem, it's a skill granted by the claw
I saw this and HAD to do it. I'm a bit late in the season and I don't have time this season to grind for the top gear here, so I made some changes to afford that. Current base life of my wolves is over 35k, plus over 400% minion damage. Most rare die in 1-2 wolf pops, uniques in about 3-4.

I *love* this idea. For leveling I of course just used SRS, and I was afraid the melee of the build might hinder or feel bad.... but once I got the claw and tried it out with even 25% crit chance and just 13 attacks per second and see a full pack of 10 wolves in less than a second of hitting a pack, I was absolutely sold.

This build is hilarious and fun. And I love wolves, to boot. Thank you for the idea :)
Thanks a lot for trying!!
Happy to hear it worked, cab you share your POB? And video of the build?

Thanks again!!
Sure! I'm still moving skills and items around now that I can farm a bit here and there, but this is a snapshot of the work in progress so far:

https://pobb.in/i_cOzS8sa0iu

And here is a video I put together of some clips :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AB2rSlAuuk
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Mystikal_Pooka um 28.07.2023, 00:19:20
"
Mystikal_Pooka schrieb:
Sure! I'm still moving skills and items around now that I can farm a bit here and there, but this is a snapshot of the work in progress so far:

https://pobb.in/i_cOzS8sa0iu

And here is a video I put together of some clips :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AB2rSlAuuk

Thanks for posting!

I looked i your pob, looks nice!
You scale es life and mana?

Btw - if you realy want to boost your dmg, elegant hubris + impossible escape is the way to go, it's HUGE damage
I only had some mana scaling for a few levels because I was having some mana issues. I have since refunded those points and I'm moving towards attack and spell block first. I have an elegant hubris gem, but I have not yet moved over to using it
Hi!

Sorry to necropost, but I've recently dove into this rabbit hole of exploding wolves during Necropolis league as a (currently) level 82 Necromancer. I thought I was the only one to do it, but clearly not. I would like to share my build here as well!

Currently the build is using Vaal Venom Gyre (yay to claw skill) to trigger the wolves, and Infernal Legion + Ancient Skull to proc Minion Instability. Since Law of the Wilds has some built in crit scaling, I daringly decided to make Minion Instability scale off crit. With crit comes in built in ignite, and since Minion Instability can struggle on clear I added Ignite Proliferation to aid it. I do use Elegant Hubris but skipped out on Fortress Convenant.

With this setup, I am able to reach an approximate 12 mil pinnacle dps, not including an additional ignite that does 1 mil dps. These numbers are assuming that only 5 wolves are active at any time, since I do not keep up 10 wolves all the time.

PoB: https://pobb.in/F7yb49EWN_y7

I have made some changes that I will incorporate into my character in the PoB below which brings the dps up to around 20 mil pinnacle dps.

The changes include using unset rings to include Combustion Support and add Bonechill Support with the Skitterbots. Additionally, I swap over to molten strike because Venom Gyre struggles on single target procs. Also tattoos. Many tattoos since attributes are not needed.

PoB: https://pobb.in/ZcXJ6RX4SE5k

The gear in the aforementioned PoBs cost around 15 divs, some of which I crafted myself.

If requested I will post a video!

Edit: I forgot to mention that this build is effectively a glass cannon, with an EHP of 11k :(
Edit: Grammar.
Edit: Realized that Bonechill Support on Skitterbots isn't doing anything, will change to something else.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von SOLARBLZE um 25.04.2024, 16:08:34

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: