[2.5] Scorching Ray Occultist LL Grand Spectrum (Malachai's Vision) [HC/SC]

Welcome!

This build tries to squeeze the most possible damage out of Scorching Ray.
Since SR cannot crit or hit the only way to scale it is through % increased/more damage multipliers as well as enemy resistance reduction.

So we use 15x
for 900% increased damage and Low Life (Pain Attunement) for 30% MORE damage.
Also crucial is to reach a high gemlevel on Scorching Ray.

**THIS IS NOT A LOW BUDGED BUILD**

Tree and Ascendancy
Since we need a lot of jewel sockets for the Grand Spectrums, Skillpoints for getting defense and other stuff are very limited. This means the build requires a high level to really come together and good gear to not have very low energy shield.

Passive Tree Level 92

The Ascendancy will be Occultist with Malediction and Vile Bastion
Occultist allows us to efficiently pick up energy shield and an additional curse; the regen is also extremely helpful since we cannot leech and have to stay in place while casting Scorching Ray. It is especially helpful to stay alive in breaches.

Kill all bandits. Maybe help Alira in Cruel, doesn't matter much.

Gems

Mainskill in weapon:
Scorching Ray-Rapid Decay-Cont.Destruction-Ele.Focus-Faster Casting-Empower
(6L is kindof required)

Auras:
Temporal chains and Flammability on Blasphemy
Discipline and Clarity on Blood Magic
Arctic Armour

Others:
Lightning Golem
CWDT-Immortal Call-Inc Duration
Lightning Warp/Flame Dash-Faster Cast-Reduced Duration
Orb of Storms to proc EE and EO
Vaal Disciplines

Gear

Spoiler
Must have Uniques:

15x

Weapon example:

A bow like this together with Empower lvl 4 and Scorching Ray gem lvl 21 gets the SR to a nice level 28! This multiplies our damage by ~2.5 compared to gemlevel 20.

How to craft a +3 bow
Spoiler
You will need 2 Exalted Orbs and some change for the craft

1. Buy a 6l Crude Bow
Crude Bow is crucial since otherwise it is extremely hard to get the required 5 offcolours
2. Spam it with Shrieking Essence of Rage
Do this until you get atleast one free prefix and exactly one open suffix.
3. Find a master service for Catarina level 8 and Tora level 7
Have them craft Cannot roll attack mods and slam it with the other Exalted for guaranteed +1 to Gems. Remove master mod to craft a resistance.

Rest example gear:

Malachai's Vision is more of a gimmick and very hard to enable but the mana regen it gives is very welcome to sustain the castspeed.

If you don't want to use it you can go for
+ a higher level Clarity instead of Arctic Armour.

Flasks:

Getting the right balance

To get the most out of Scorching Ray we want to hit the 8 stages it can reach atleast barely while casting uninterrupted on bosses.

Boring example calculation on my character:

Spoiler
SR debuff duration is 1.95 seconds after tree and Rapid Decay
Temporal Chains at 40% curse effectiveness on bosses gives 16% increased debuff duration
So the debuff lasts 1.95 * 1.16 = 2.262 seconds and we have to cast SR 8 times in that timespan
2.262 / 8 = .28275 -> max cast time allowed
1 / .28275 = ~3.536 casts per second

You need atleast 3.54 casts per second

My tooltip
Spoiler

Videos

Playlist
including Uul-Netol, Chayula, Chimera and Minotaur so far.

Questions ingame to @CoconutSmoothie :)

IGN Reeze_, Lauma_, Raskar_
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Dr3ll um 08.01.2017, 20:14:09
Zuletzt angestoßen am 16.01.2017, 08:12:04
This looks so interesting! Tooltip dps is insanely low but im not familiar with Scorching Ray, hoping to see videos soon!
"
Dispossession schrieb:
This looks so interesting! Tooltip dps is insanely low but im not familiar with Scorching Ray, hoping to see videos soon!

For Scorching Ray the tooltip is about as good as it gets. It only shows the dps for one "layer" of the debuff. At my calculation the actual dps is like 360k without accounting for Flammability, EE or EO.
"
Dispossession schrieb:

insanely low ? lol are you kidding me ? 1st layer 55k dps on SC is just insane.
IGN TylordRampage
Need vid for proof! :D
"
Dr3ll schrieb:
"
Dispossession schrieb:

For Scorching Ray the tooltip is about as good as it gets. It only shows the dps for one "layer" of the debuff. At my calculation the actual dps is like 360k without accounting for Flammability, EE or EO.

Also grand spectrum is only good for double dipping. I can't see how its good at all in this build and you can get just as good dps and a better tree without it.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Aggnog um 16.01.2017, 01:04:05
"
Also grand spectrum is only good for double dipping. I can't see how its good at all in this build and you can get just as good dps and a better tree without it.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I guess that tooltip is with EO up.
My tooltip with EO is 77k.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: