[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] Back in time! PoB cleaned up

"
Cry0nicS schrieb:
"
Fire_Archer schrieb:

Thanks for the write-up. I will be waiting your post when 20/20 gems show up.

I'm really interested to try the build. How challenging do you think it would be to hit yellow / red maps with the build for those of us that like to play 24h straight at league start?

My only fear is that in the past 2 leagues I chose a starter that forced me to run 1 day level 60 heist to do chaos recipe to buy some gear cause i was unable to progress in maps given some essences I had from white maps and whatever else dropped...

If I can take the build to farm tier 16 maps corrupted with 8 mods on a decent budget, I'm really hyped to try it.

P.S. Any other MTX besides Exalted Holy Relic and a flicker strike (altough automaton FS doesn't go with yellow HR :( )

Don't see a problem hitting yellows. Reds, especially t16 corrupted might be a bit harder because of Legion nerfs. You REALLY want that extra damage from legion jewel. Or from Skin. Maybe people will be selling those. Suggest you to take a peek at news post on front page - I simulated a league start there a while a go - the goal was to reduce the build to be able to do t16 comfortably.

But you can kinda brute force it I guess. Your damage won't be great and it will take a long time to kill bosses/rares, but you still gonna be tanky enoght to do that.

I usually start expedition and just doing it you get enough chaos from Tujen for upgrades.
"
Fire_Archer schrieb:

The only problem I have is with a performance patch – and it’s a big one. My game is currently unplayable and if this stays… I might gonna have to skip the league entirely. But don’t worry – I’ll still be around here giving my help to any unfortunate soul that decided to try this build. Even if I personally won’t play.
Gonna throw my plans on the league a bit later and hopefully GGG will fix the technical issues or there will be no league for me :/

I was having the same problem and nearly gave up playing until I manually deleted my PoE shaders folder. I am running non-Steam PoE with Vulkan renderer.

For non-Steam PoE client all you need to do is:
1. make sure PoE is not running
2. go to Windows search function and type in "%appdata%" (without quotes)
3. you will be taken to C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming folder
4. there you rename or delete "PathOfExile" folder (the folder will be automatically recreated on running PoE)
5. run PoE and play a bit. Expect that game will stutter for a map or two until most shaders recompile.

For PoE with Steam client, I think the shaders folder is somewhere inside Steam folder, you'll have to look it up. Wherever you find it

Hope it helps you so that you don't skip the league with your interesting build!

While performance patch did indeed "delete shaders", it is only after I deleted them myself was my problem fixed. Game was unplayable until I did it.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Kulin_ban um 12.08.2023, 09:41:02
I made a fully-fletched leveling run to show how to level the setup and what to expect once you swap to Holy Relic. Overall stats:

Roughly 4h 30min to acts, swap done. If you have any questions or want some tips about how to level it, let me know.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHSKgIFmF80

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGIMG_IBlE

"
Vennto schrieb:
I made a fully-fletched leveling run to show how to level the setup and what to expect once you swap to Holy Relic. Overall stats:

Roughly 4h 30min to acts, swap done. If you have any questions or want some tips about how to level it, let me know.

Gonna see if I can add this and other guy's leveling into leveling. I am very much not fit to estimate leveling things cuz I never delve deep into it and just casually level with SRS.

Few things I can instantly point out
1) Don't use scepters if you going to blast through acts. Use Claws or daggers with high attack speed - both for shield charge and static. You gonna grab a dex node anyway.
After that - w/e weapon with trigger for offering.
2) Use Frenzy monkeys instead. While you starting up you wont have too much crit and frenzy charge flat damage should be about the same as powercharge damage. The benefit is that frenzy is super useful to you - giving you move speed and attack speed - both affecting shieldcharge. That is also the reason I gonna keep flicker even with both shieldcharge and static. At least vaal version.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Fire_Archer um 13.08.2023, 15:39:55
"
Fire_Archer schrieb:

1) Don't use scepters if you going to blast through acts. Use Claws or daggers with high attack speed - both for shield charge and static. You gonna grab a dex node anyway.

I can´t argue your point, my case though: Wands and Sceptres give u a bigger damage while still running with Absolution, hence those options. Has to be determined if the additional attack speed is better over the higher damage, a.k.a is it better to be faster but slower on bosses or the other way around.

"
Fire_Archer schrieb:

2) Use Frenzy monkeys instead. While you starting up you wont have too much crit and frenzy charge flat damage should be about the same as powercharge damage. The benefit is that frenzy is super useful to you - giving you move speed and attack speed - both affecting shieldcharge. That is also the reason I gonna keep flicker even with both shieldcharge and static. At least vaal version.

Yeah, 100% right. I personally do run with the Frenzy Monkeys for those reasons. I was thinking a lot about this guide and figured that further swapping from gems, setups, spectres and whatnot will make it harder for people that need to follow a guide. For you that stuff is second nature, for very experienced players as well but those are often not the ones that REQUIRE a guide. Hence I thought might as well use the final setup with as few changes as possible. Me for example I use a different tree with more dmg for early on and I also dont start mapping after 4,5h, I rather spend a few hours in Heist for currency. But I figured I was making a leveling guide, not a general "how to start a season guide", that was the mantra I tried to follow.

Maybe those options can be put down in Writing as additional info or smth.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Vennto um 13.08.2023, 16:44:51
"
Vennto schrieb:
"
Fire_Archer schrieb:

I can´t argue your point, my case though: Wands and Sceptres give u a bigger damage while still running with Absolution, hence those options. Has to be determined if the additional attack speed is better over the higher damage, a.k.a is it better to be faster but slower on bosses or the other way around.

"
Fire_Archer schrieb:

Yeah, 100% right. I personally do run with the Frenzy Monkeys for those reasons. I was thinking a lot about this guide and figured that further swapping from gems, setups, spectres and whatnot will make it harder for people that need to follow a guide. For you that stuff is second nature, for very experienced players as well but those are often not the ones that REQUIRE a guide. Hence I thought might as well use the final setup with as few changes as possible. Me for example I use a different tree with more dmg for early on and I also dont start mapping after 4,5h, I rather spend a few hours in Heist for currency. But I figured I was making a leveling guide, not a general "how to start a season guide", that was the mantra I tried to follow.

Maybe those options can be put down in Writing as additional info or smth.

Fair enough. My personal opinion - Im willing to take an L on leveling section. This is not a new-player friendly bulid at its core anyway. Need to know how to use AG, specters, triggers, curses, attacks, attack speed charges, how to scale phys damage, explode, a lot of stuff.
"
Vennto schrieb:

Do you have by any chance a detailed PoB for levelling or an export on exile-leveling?
(Mostly talking about what gems to get and when)
"
Cry0nicS schrieb:

Do you have by any chance a detailed PoB for levelling or an export on exile-leveling?
(Mostly talking about what gems to get and when)

I can give you a quick rundown here:

Act 1
Level 1: Fireball + Arcane Surge
Level 2: Freezing OR Rolling Magma + Arcane Surge
Level 4: Holy Flame Totem + Summon phantasm, Frostblink, Flame Wall
Level 8: add added lightning damage, eigher on the Holy Flame Totem for a RBB-3link or on a BBB-3link with your chosen Gem from Level 2. If Socket-starved, drop Arcane Surge.
Level 10: swap flame dash for frost blink (optional)
Level 12: equip Absolution, preferably with added lightning damage and summon phantasm, Holy Flame Totem can stay a 1-link for now. Also use Flesh Offering (free) or Spirit Offering. First one is better for now, second one is in the endgame setup.

Act 2
Level 16: add Herald of Thunder, Herald of Purity, Desecrate
Level 18: add faster casting to Absolution, replacing Summon Phantasm which u can throw on Holy Flame Totem

Act 3
Level 24: Get Elemental Weakness
Level 28: get Raise Spectre and Animate Guardian. Level the latter in your off hand, if you got space use the former with Carnage Chieftain if you got space (mind, in the Video I start using Host Chieftain in A7 directly to stay closer to the endgame setup).
Library: Shield Charge + Faster Attacks/Momentum, Feeding Frenzy (level in offhand for now)

Act 4
Level 38: Spell Echo as a 4th Link for Absolution, Chaos/Stone Golem + Feeding Frenzy

Act 6
Aura Swap: Get rid of one Herald, add Determination

Thats your final Setup for the Campaign. Now once you got Geoffris and want to transition to Holy Relic:

Swap the BBBR (Absolution, added light, faster casting, spell echo) to Holy Relic, Minion Damage, Meat Shield, Brutality. Swap Holy Flame totem for Static Strike, ideally link it with faster attacks, ancestral call and the shield charge for a solid movement and trigger setup. Also, drop the Herald of Thunder and add Pride.

That should cover it.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Vennto um 14.08.2023, 17:54:56
Gems are out, and there is again... no changes. An d while some may find that boring and asa stale meta, I say...

BUILD SURVIVED

Anyway.

Corrupting cry support - looks insteresing, but a bit awkward to use. I don't like using warcries because they kinda interup the flow. But 4 stacks of 600 DPS corrupted blood that scales with out Physical damage increases sources is very good. Good cries to use - Infernal cry - to cuase even more expedition explosions. Enduring cry - in case you wanna heal for some reason.

Fresh Meat support - adds a lot of flat crit and damage, but its so inconsistent its hardly worth it. If weapon swap actually works with it - it might be useful. It should give about 22% more DPS than Meat Shield but only for first 10 seconds. You could also just manually resummon Holy relics every 10 seconds, but thats... not a gameplay I would ever want.

Guarian Blessing - I don't even know how could even fit that in assuming it needs 3 link on just that + support links to keep minions alive.

Guardian rework - kinda bad... No speed zoom zoom buffs. Just flat elemental damage from auras. Elemental relics don't automatically explode when resummoned. If anything those summons make me want to pull out doomfletch mirror arrow summoner.

League start post soon(TM). But I don't know fellow relic culitsts...
When my game looks like this and nothing fixes it... not sure if I will even start this league
"
Vennto schrieb:

That should cover it.

Just tried it out first act. Looks fun :D
Gonna check if there's a way to keep Holy Flame alive and dealing more dmg as we progress (not needed, I know).

Will try to do an exile-leveling setup and share it here, based on your notes.

"
Fire_Archer schrieb:
s and nothing fixes it... not sure if I will even start this league [/url]

Maybe others have already said it, but...

1. Please reach out to GGG support. They are very fast and most of the time provide a helpful answer (at least in my experience)

2. Did you try to ask on Reddit?

3. Clear cache, reinstall game?

Can you switch between Vulkun and Dx? Any change?

Hope the issue gets sorted out.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Cry0nicS um 15.08.2023, 03:15:17

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: