[3.16]Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-AxeVersion- (Melee is dead)

Hey all. HeroEvermore here. Going to be playing this build again in 3.16
Was hooked on SRS but it got some HUGE nerfs and I want to smash again. I posted a really quick PoB with 3.16 but it's going to most likely change a bit as I'm never in the same gear each league so have to adjust for defenses/resists.

https://pastebin.com/Z2dx9EXQ
Zuletzt bearbeitet von HeroEvermore um 18.10.2021, 23:53:30
Nevermind just had to update my pob.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Syphin3 um 19.10.2021, 00:58:06
Level 100 PoB atm. Spent a few hours tinkering last night. Wanted Fortify on hit and other specific new mastery buffs. This is using my old Ice Crash gear. I will want more Life on my gear to be able to use this skill tree.

https://pastebin.com/Ti2qugGv

Ice Crash Damage= 20million+
First Hit-- 7.9 million Shaper DPS
Second Hit- 6.7 mil
Third hit-- 5.5 mil

Zuletzt bearbeitet von HeroEvermore um 19.10.2021, 10:06:50
"
HeroEvermore schrieb:
Level 100 PoB atm. Spent a few hours tinkering last night. Wanted Fortify on hit and other specific new mastery buffs. This is using my old Ice Crash gear. I will want more Life on my gear to be able to use this skill tree.

Second Hit- 6.7 mil
Third hit-- 5.5 mil

looks like a really solid and strong ice crasher! i dont think enemies can be hit by multiple waves though?
"
frawrst schrieb:
"
HeroEvermore schrieb:

Second Hit- 6.7 mil
Third hit-- 5.5 mil

looks like a really solid and strong ice crasher! i dont think enemies can be hit by multiple waves though?

Ice Crash hits in 3 waves. It's hard to notice but it is how it works. It's why my Gif looks like I'm doing DoT damage but it's just the other hits stacking.
"
HeroEvermore schrieb:
"
frawrst schrieb:
"
HeroEvermore schrieb:

Second Hit- 6.7 mil
Third hit-- 5.5 mil

Ice Crash hits in 3 waves. It's hard to notice but it is how it works. It's why my Gif looks like I'm doing DoT damage but it's just the other hits stacking.

odd, all my research says monsters cant be hit by multiple waves

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1314660/page/1#p10957600

i wonder if this is bugged/undocumented

keep up the good work on the build! new jugg with armor and res seems extremely powerful
The character slams the ground with their main hand weapon, damaging enemies in three stages in an area around the impact. Enemies take slightly less damage on the second and third stage. Works with Swords, Maces, Axes, Staves and Unarmed.

Deals (150-184)% of Base Attack Damage
50% of Physical Damage converted to Cold Damage
25% less Attack Speed
Second Hit deals 20% less Damage
Third Hit deals 40% less Damage
You don't get 3 hits, you get 1 hit with three stages. Technically it is probably coded as 3 hits, but they are functionally one single hit- that does X, Y (20% less), or Z (40% less) damage depending on your distance,

So the hit counts as 1. But it is applying all 3 hit damage. Just not 3 instances of hits to proc triple damage or other procs. But the total damage is 20mil+ all hits. I have 100% hit rate so I never miss 1st hit and all 3 apply always.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von HeroEvermore um 19.10.2021, 11:09:33
i do have to wonder if theres some fuckery going on cause i have noticed that too. not trying to shit talk your build; just curious as i see alot of poe.ninja players with 25+ million dps. maybe poe.ninja pob calculator has a weird effect?

anyways, i feel bad for anyone not able to reach new prismatic skin nodes xD that stuff is so broken strong
"
HeroEvermore schrieb:
Yeah you're right. Strangely it always feels like it hits 3x against uniques because the hits always look like it's doing more than 1 per Crash.

Then I found this.

The character slams the ground with their main hand weapon, damaging enemies in three stages in an area around the impact. Enemies take slightly less damage on the second and third stage. Works with Swords, Maces, Axes, Staves and Unarmed.

Deals (150-184)% of Base Attack Damage
50% of Physical Damage converted to Cold Damage
25% less Attack Speed
Second Hit deals 20% less Damage
Third Hit deals 40% less Damage
You don't get 3 hits, you get 1 hit with three stages. Technically it is probably coded as 3 hits, but they are functionally one single hit- that does X, Y (20% less), or Z (40% less) damage depending on your distance,

So the hit counts as 1. But it is applying all 3 hit damage. Just not 3 instances of hits to proc triple damage or other procs. But the total damage is 20mil+ all hits.

thats an interesting theory and would explain some of the "phantom" damage we see

this is from Rory @ GGG

"
A monster can only be hit by one stage per attack, so if they're hit by the central strike, they won't be hit by the second or third strike. The DPS shown by the skill is the damage dealt to central targets.

one stage per attack, so it seems like second and third shouldnt affect the monster if it hits with first?

Mark replied too

"
All three are AoE, each one bigger than the last.
As Rory said, any given target can only be hit by one of them. Once it's been hit by on part of the skill, it won't also be hit by the following ones.

idk seems weird but good for us anyways :D
Zuletzt bearbeitet von frawrst um 19.10.2021, 11:10:31
I've played this build for many seasons. I am 100% convinced all 3 stages of damage hit as 1 hit (given you always hit the first hit). It's the only way to explain the hit damage I see on this character vs bosses. Would be way more OP if it was 3 separate hits though. In my GIF the boss actually dies before that last crash touches, yet it takes off about 15% of his Hp between swings, only explanation I have is the 2nd and 3rd waves hitting.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von HeroEvermore um 19.10.2021, 11:15:43

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: