[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Thank you for updating this. I'll probably try a wander this league as I've always loved the archetype but never actually played one.

It also irrationally annoys me that the Tempest Blast wheel is not worth taking. Every time I mouse over that in the passive tree on any character, it makes me want to make a wander who uses it... oh well.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Bobblybook um 13.12.2019, 03:31:19
"
Bobblybook schrieb:
Thank you for updating this. I'll probably try a wander this league as I've always loved the archetype but never actually played one.

It also irrationally annoys me that the Tempest Blast wheel is not worth taking. Every time I mouse over that in the passive tree on any character, it makes me want to make a wander who uses it... oh well.

While having %phys gain as ele is nice, since we have so little phys on our wand and we only scale cold damage, the %phys as lightning and fire is inherently lost. The pathing is kinda weird too and we needs a lot of passive points for flask effect (pathfinder) or balance life/damage somewhere else so getting that wheel is not worth at all but hey,

with the new 20% buff to base wand damage and in some certain setups, like not going with pathfinder so we don't need flask effect nodes,.. I'm sure that wheel will be worthwhile, someone can do the math for me.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von oMySunshine um 13.12.2019, 06:27:24
Does anyone know what happens when you divine pre-3.9 multimodded items (namely wands) do we lose anything or do we just get the new 20% increased base damage?
"
andrew8448 schrieb:
Does anyone know what happens when you divine pre-3.9 multimodded items (namely wands) do we lose anything or do we just get the new 20% increased base damage?

I think the base damage automatically applies without using any orb, since divines roll only the explicits and the base damage increase doesn't affect explicits. I think whether or not your item gets affected depends on if you have a legacy mastercraft roll such as the ele pen one. I'm pretty sure if you divine it you'll get the current nerfed version.

"
oMySunshine schrieb:
Spoiler
"
Bobblybook schrieb:

While having %phys gain as ele is nice, since we have so little phys on our wand and we only scale cold damage, the %phys as lightning and fire is inherently lost. The pathing is kinda weird too and we needs a lot of passive points for flask effect (pathfinder) or balance life/damage somewhere else so getting that wheel is not worth at all but hey,

with the new 20% buff to base wand damage and in some certain setups, like not going with pathfinder so we don't need flask effect nodes,.. I'm sure that wheel will be worthwhile, someone can do the math for me.

The 20% buff to base damage did virtually nothing for this build mainly b/c wands have very low base damage to begin with.

"
Bobblybook schrieb:

Yeah it's unfortunate. I feel irritated about that cluster too; it's technically supposed to good for phys wanders but it's so out of the way and this build is more ele than phys nowadays so it adds even less to DPS. Maybe in the next patch when they balance wands it'll become relevant.

I'm glad you're interested in wanding. My playtester is currently getting to Awakener in standard right now and will experiment with league gear once he unlocks it; I'll post the results here for both the bow + wand builds soon to see if its viable. I watched him stream a T13 Awakener guardian and it was basically faceroll but he was using pre 3.9 gear so who knows. he also did a Hydra and an elder guardian T14 with rippy mods, both were fine, although the buffs to boss health were noticeable. I'm hoping the build will be able to handle Awakener. I'm sure the bow version can, but I'm less sure about the wand version.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 14.12.2019, 01:29:41
Just a heads up guys; based on feedback from my testers in league + standard, wanding at the start of league has never been this easy. Power Siphon as a single target skill makes it so you don't need any expensive gear to reach a high enough DPS level for mapping. Also, Poet's Pen is extremely cheap this league as well so we can use it very early on. Even in endgame Dying Sun won't be necessary because of LMP buffs. You can replace WED in your KB with LMP, and then replace Dying Sun with Wise Oak. This will actually boost your single target DPS, but you will feel a slight decrease in KB damage. It won't be too significant though, especially since Point Blank nerf actually buffed KB's ability to offscreen clear.

Using "budget" endgame setup (gear total costs ~9 ex), playtester was able to do all the awakener "guardians" including a T15 one with no problem at all. Shaper was also deathless although the fight is longer now due to boss life/resist buff. I think in 1-2 days, my friend will attempt Awakener w/ this budget setup so let's hope it works out.

I wish I updated the leveling guide before league started. I think this is build is easier to league start with than the poison wander most people are doing.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 15.12.2019, 01:58:55
Uploaded two vids from my playtester.

https://youtu.be/FUYqYDdHqd4

https://youtu.be/1HPG_L0LVjc

One of a T16 Awakener guardian (Al Hezmin), and Shaper. The wander gear used was very similar to what's shown in 3.9 POB. This POB is still a rough draft and will gradually be improved. I think he picked up a shaper amulet + ring base off the ground, spent 5c crafting both of them. I guess this is to compensate for his decent belt + jewels. He shows his gear at the end of the shaper vid.

The gear is much cheaper than last league (no Dying Sun, no Watcher's Eye, no multimod gear, etc.)

I haven't done enough testing yet to be certain, but I think the damage ceiling for "min-maxed" temp league versions have been lowered by a good amount now that we can't easily craft our wand + jewelry. So those who wanted to play wanders and have around 25-40 ex budget will probably experience a nerf. On the other hand, this build is now end-game viable on a <10 ex budget. I think depending on your experience you can prob pull of Uber Elder in <8 ex. This is much lower compared to 3.9 (15 ex+ barrier of entry).

Wanders will function better on a low budget, while bows will do better on a 25+ ex budget. So a good choice would be to start out as wander and then transition to bow once you can afford it.

Conversion bow right now is objectively superior to wanders in almost every department. Way higher DPS ceiling (probably 2-3x) as well as safer playstyle due to voidfletcher. More flexibility in skills as well.

Also, GGG massively buffed endgame boss life. I was appalled when I watched my playtester do Shaper, and thought I messed up the build somehow, but then I checked the numbers and it makes sense now. Shaper has 68 mil hp (from 18mil). Uber Elder/Shaper each have 44mil life now (from 18mil). Shaper guardians have 30mil hp instead of 12mil. This is on top of a buff to resists as well from 40% to 50%. So effectively, bossing DPS for all builds will be lowered by 50-75% depending on the specific boss. So if your damage doesn't match up with what's shown in the gifs/older videos, you now know why.

I guess bosses will once again feel like bosses.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 15.12.2019, 05:02:37
Hi,
Wanna try out The bow phys but have A question.

How much does voidfletcher and dying sin affect the dps? And would i be able to clear The content without it?
"
Bakiiiiiiiiiiii schrieb:
Hi,
Wanna try out The bow phys but have A question.

How much does voidfletcher and dying sin affect the dps? And would i be able to clear The content without it?

Voidfletcher is more important than Dying Sun, but both are pretty important for endgame level DPS. Bosses up to Uber Elder are doable without them but only for experienced players. I honestly don't recommend league starting with bow build. You're better off starting as wander and then switching to bow once you acquire enough currency. They share most of the core items so the transition will be smooth.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 16.12.2019, 06:53:33
Hey guys,

I want to report in as phys wander currently lvl 89 in Metamorph. I swapped at lvl 85 from Toxic rain. You can check my budget gear in my profile, but currently using just a corrupted 6L chest )45c) and starkonjas (no obscurantis in trade because guardians are rare, this helm might not be a budget option). Bought some rings with accuracy in the meantime. I would say the total cost of all my gear right now is ~ 2-3ex.

Fairly happy with the build right now, got up to t13 maps/awakener guardians, mapping is smooth and bosses take a few seconds, although at 5k life you still have a chance to get one shot by the new metamorphs or awakaner guardians. I also took phase acro with vaal grace, to try to use the dodge window to kill bosses//metamorphs.

I think for the 50-100 ex budget endgame, I would swap over to ele wander with int scaling wand, so I can hit 10k+ ES. Currently it looks like for Awakener fight a 6-7k life build just dies from ground effect during immunity phase. I do not think even the maxed bow build currently can handle awakener, since the damage during immunity phases is so high. Also currently Uber elder uniques are EXTREMELY expensive, so you may not want to use those in any budget setup.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Stealthyy um 16.12.2019, 07:54:52
I'm currently running LA Bow Build. I have a question about the barrage setup,with the new barrage support gem in the new league can we just swap gem for Bossing? Also, have you tried Galvanic on bosssing as well? Can it replace Barrage?

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: