{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@vitality1987

"
vitality1987 schrieb:
Hi Hercanic,

thank you for this amazing build :)

At the moment I am struggling with Uber Elder because I am not fast enough to avoid Shaper slam. I managed to get twice now to the last phase of the fight with Elder down and Shaper with ~15-20% life remaining.

Could you look at my gear and give some advice what I could improve?

For my last UE try I used CwC + Cyclone + Desecrate + Spirit Offering but wanted to keep Skitterbots + Bonechill and Hatred so I switched some of the gem links. Normally I use the default Triad Grip build with Cyclone and Dash as I am not a fan of WB and Smoke Mine.

Thanks again!

I have done the shaper three times and uber elder twice this league, tanked and survived quite a few shaper slams. He does around 12k physical damage normally, up to 17K if he crits you which is actually quite often. You'll need a ton of HP+ES plus lots of damage mitigation to live, and instant heal flasks afterwards of course.

Your gear could use quite upgrades in most places... I'll just list the most urgent ones only

Biggest one is your helm. Change that for an elder helm with increased socketed minion gem level (+3 is ideal but expensive, +2 is much cheaper and only a small dps loss) AND minion damage support. This gives you an effective 6 link on your skeletons which are your main DPS vs bosses, the extra DPS will make you finish the fight much quicker and take less slams. For a +2 helm with minion damage cost should be around 5-30c depending on the base and the other stats.

That amulet isn't too great, your cyclone physical dps is very low so that life leech is irrelevant, life rolls ain't too good either. Consider the cheap Jinxed Juju which basically gives you 10% more eHP when you have spectres up (which should be all the time).

Ring - what gear's on your animated guardian that warrants the loop? From my experience they basically do minimal damage unless you invest heavily on them (100+c at least). It dies really quick against the shaper anyway so I recommend taking it off if you have expensive gear on the AG, or if it has cheap gear just use it in an unset ring and re-buy the items if it dies, last time I re-bought leer cast + dying breath + victario's flight it cost less than 10c all together. Just switch sell/stash the hungry loop and get an unset ring that gives +life and resists.

Flasks - consider the taste of hate sapphire flask which gives awesome damage reduction and stacks with your basalt.

Chaos golem - add this guy somewhere for an easy 4% phys dmg reduction.

What's your HP and ES? If its low consider the awesome Glorious Vanity timeless jewel (must be the Doryani version). Cost about 120c and you need around 8 passive points to set it up, but its totally worth it cos it easily gives you around 1000-1200 extra ES, really makes a difference in surviving big 1 shot hits.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Drakoturt um 19.11.2019, 06:13:53
@ vitality1987 & Drakoturt:
Full Posts
"
vitality1987 schrieb:
Hi Hercanic,

thank you for this amazing build :)

At the moment I am struggling with Uber Elder because I am not fast enough to avoid Shaper slam. I managed to get twice now to the last phase of the fight with Elder down and Shaper with ~15-20% life remaining.

For my last UE try I used CwC + Cyclone + Desecrate + Spirit Offering but wanted to keep Skitterbots + Bonechill and Hatred so I switched some of the gem links. Normally I use the default Triad Grip build with Cyclone and Dash as I am not a fan of WB and Smoke Mine.

Thanks again!
"
Drakoturt schrieb:
@vitality1987
I have done the shaper three times and uber elder twice this league, tanked and survived quite a few shaper slams. He does around 12k physical damage normally, up to 17K if he crits you which is actually quite often. You'll need a ton of HP+ES plus lots of damage mitigation to live, and instant heal flasks afterwards of course.

Your gear could use quite upgrades in most places... I'll just list the most urgent ones only

Biggest one is your helm. Change that for an elder helm with increased socketed minion gem level (+3 is ideal but expensive, +2 is much cheaper and only a small dps loss) AND minion damage support. This gives you an effective 6 link on your skeletons which are your main DPS vs bosses, the extra DPS will make you finish the fight much quicker and take less slams. For a +2 helm with minion damage cost should be around 5-30c depending on the base and the other stats.

That amulet isn't too great, your cyclone physical dps is very low so that life leech is irrelevant, life rolls ain't too good either. Consider the cheap Jinxed Juju which basically gives you 10% more eHP when you have spectres up (which should be all the time).

Ring - what gear's on your animated guardian that warrants the loop? From my experience they basically do minimal damage unless you invest heavily on them (100+c at least). It dies really quick against the shaper anyway so I recommend taking it off if you have expensive gear on the AG, or if it has cheap gear just use it in an unset ring and re-buy the items if it dies, last time I re-bought leer cast + dying breath + victario's flight it cost less than 10c all together. Just switch sell/stash the hungry loop and get an unset ring that gives +life and resists.

Flasks - consider the taste of hate sapphire flask which gives awesome damage reduction and stacks with your basalt.

Chaos golem - add this guy somewhere for an easy 4% phys dmg reduction.

What's your HP and ES? If its low consider the awesome Glorious Vanity timeless jewel (must be the Doryani version). Cost about 120c and you need around 8 passive points to set it up, but its totally worth it cos it easily gives you around 1000-1200 extra ES, really makes a difference in surviving big 1 shot hits.
"
Drakoturt schrieb:
...shaper slams. He does around 12k physical damage normally, up to 17K if he crits...

Shaper's Slam deals 300% of 5689.7 base damage, which equals 17069.1 phys damage. All monsters have a 5% base chance to crit and a 30% multiplier, so if he crit the Slam would deal 22189.83 phys damage.

"
Drakoturt schrieb:
what gear's on your animated guardian that warrants the loop? ... It dies really quick against the shaper...

You can make him immortal to Shaper's Beam with a Mask of the Stitched Demon helm. You can get over 70% life regen with that item (@ Dashbb for more about this).

"
vitality1987 schrieb:

You're Cold Conversion and your helm does not have Minion Damage. The phys debuff of Maim is useless because your minions are all dealing pure Cold Damage. So Maim is only worth 30% more damage in this case. There's no reason to use Maim on Skeletons over Minion Damage (49%). If you use Melee Splash normally and want to keep the red socket, then Melee Physical Damage Support (49%) is also better than Maim.

You could use that empty green socket for a manual curse. Temporal Chains (slight slow and longer freezes), Projectile Weakness (pierce and damage buff for Frost Sentinels and Phantasms), or Poacher's Mark (life on hit for Cyclone). If your AG is already cursing, then Enhance can be used to buff Phase Run's movement speed and Dash's cooldown. You'd probably want to break the link to Hatred so it's unaffected by Enhance's mana multiplier.

"
vitality1987 schrieb:
At the moment I am struggling with Uber Elder...

For reference, here's Dashbb's gear and their Uber Elder kill video using the Triad Grip variant.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hercanic um 19.11.2019, 12:46:35
buena guia
@Drakoturt and Hercanic:
Thank you both for your feedback. I will try to get the sugested items and setup.
Saw my post btw Hercanic about the Cloak of Defiance + Devouring Diadem??
Might be easier to get at first rather than crafting epic rare items :)
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
@Hologram_o ,
@Hercanic
what would you say if i can make ur build even more defensive,get more healing?with only SLIGHTLY less damage(maybe ,i believe the helmet => can keep Agony herald perhaps ;D ) ? :>

So I used to rock a 16K es mana guardian templar long ago,but gave my items to a beginner & wanted to make my own build ( reckless defence jewels though were modified recently so i'm still tweaking that ,but it should achieve 100-110 % maximum life regenerated per second ( 50 % more with Soul of Arakaali pantheon increased recovery lol xD but that's overkill hmm ), the build will also freeze monsters/players almost non stop, 100 % blind them non stop, take 60 % less Spell damage from them + 30 % less ANY damage lol

But what i meant,when i first saw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm4Nh0406do
[PoE 3.5] Soulwrest Blood Magic Necromancer Build Guide (HC Viable, 10k+ HP)

a guy's comment was :
I don't get the point why blood magic?
Bog Kat
Bog Kat
10 months ago
BM gives about 1k more life. There's also really no auras or heralds that are that useful for this build.
Anderson Lima
Anderson Lima
10 months ago (edited)
@Bog Kat consider use Devouring diadem (have EB to your mana even with 0 pool from BM) with MoM. Insta heal 400HP/ES per corpse consumed every 5s. Automate corpse generation (CwStun/CWdT-unearthGMP/desecrateCascade) 4k regen every 5s. You can automate offerings too.

So i thought to myself,woah that helm is OP :) i noticed after i can't use descrate+ Unearth+GMP/LMP/BOTH as the skill used by the helmet uses maximum 10 bodies.

Also it allocates us Eldritch Battery, SO i thought to myself hmmm if i can't use it to heal my 4000 hp + 4000 ES and 2000 mana,to heal me 8000 ES on a mana guardian templar ( only on players party members it can heal them 8000 ES) ,i figured wait a minute wait a minute :> :> :> Mind over Matter +10 % bonus -> Cloak of Defiance => force the devouring diadem to heal ur ES -> into mana -> into HP => problem solved it still double heals HP :>

GG bro?:D

The helmet unique also might help with mana reservation for Agony herald ( Socketed gems's 20 % less reservation,maybe u guys can use it for auras or herald you'll figure it out )
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Devouring_Diadem
Spoiler
The Devouring Diadem
Necromancer Circlet
Quality: +20%
Energy Shield: (156-176)
Requires Level 54, 112 Int
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Socketed Gems have 20% reduced Mana Reservation
Trigger Level 15 Feast of Flesh every 5 seconds
(180-220)% increased Energy Shield
10% chance for Energy Shield Recharge to start when you use a Skill
Eldritch Battery
<One Veiled Mod>
The spirit hungers for the flesh.

And https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Defiance
Spoiler
Cloak of Defiance
Lacquered Garb
Evasion: (1201-1487)
Energy Shield: (235-291)
Movement Speed: -3%
Requires Level 52, 76 Dex, 76 Int
(300-400)% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
+(100-150) to maximum Mana
Regenerate 1% of Mana per second
10% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
Mind Over Matter
When the throat roars,
As eyes weep,
When the hand grips hard
With trembling fingers,
When belly twists
Yet legs stand strong,
That is the work
Of the Defiant Heart.

It might be more budget and less time/patience consuming than crafting the rare robe/helmet too :)

Other healing u guys know you can build 100k even 250thousand HP zombies that explode and heal u with https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1910462
Maligaro's lens (100k,200k and 250K with newer league items that u can increase zombie HP by a lot :D )
or skeletons etc, healing autobomber.
And then there's spirit offering too,3 healing methods lol

Let me know what you guys think :) @Hercanic, Hologram, + every1 else.
Edit: By the power of Hircine from skyrim etc xD sorry if i write it Hircanic and not Hercanic at times lol mate.
@ thegamingkage:
Full Posts
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
@Hologram_o ,
@Hercanic
what would you say if i can make ur build even more defensive,get more healing?with only SLIGHTLY less damage(maybe ,i believe the helmet => can keep Agony herald perhaps ;D ) ? :>

So I used to rock a 16K es mana guardian templar long ago,but gave my items to a beginner & wanted to make my own build ( reckless defence jewels though were modified recently so i'm still tweaking that ,but it should achieve 100-110 % maximum life regenerated per second ( 50 % more with Soul of Arakaali pantheon increased recovery lol xD but that's overkill hmm ), the build will also freeze monsters/players almost non stop, 100 % blind them non stop, take 60 % less Spell damage from them + 30 % less ANY damage lol

a guy's comment was :
Bog Kat
Bog Kat
10 months ago
BM gives about 1k more life. There's also really no auras or heralds that are that useful for this build.
Anderson Lima
Anderson Lima
10 months ago (edited)
@Bog Kat consider use Devouring diadem (have EB to your mana even with 0 pool from BM) with MoM. Insta heal 400HP/ES per corpse consumed every 5s. Automate corpse generation (CwStun/CWdT-unearthGMP/desecrateCascade) 4k regen every 5s. You can automate offerings too.

So i thought to myself,woah that helm is OP :) i noticed after i can't use descrate+ Unearth+GMP/LMP/BOTH as the skill used by the helmet uses maximum 10 bodies.

Also it allocates us Eldritch Battery, SO i thought to myself hmmm if i can't use it to heal my 4000 hp + 4000 ES and 2000 mana,to heal me 8000 ES on a mana guardian templar ( only on players party members it can heal them 8000 ES) ,i figured wait a minute wait a minute :> :> :> Mind over Matter +10 % bonus -> Cloak of Defiance => force the devouring diadem to heal ur ES -> into mana -> into HP => problem solved it still double heals HP :>

The helmet unique also might help with mana reservation for Agony herald ( Socketed gems's 20 % less reservation,maybe u guys can use it for auras or herald you'll figure it out )
Spoiler
The Devouring Diadem
Necromancer Circlet
Eldritch Battery
<One Veiled Mod>

Spoiler
Cloak of Defiance
Lacquered Garb
Mind Over Matter
When the throat roars,
As eyes weep,
When the hand grips hard
With trembling fingers,
When belly twists
Yet legs stand strong,
That is the work
Of the Defiant Heart.

It might be more budget and less time/patience consuming than crafting the rare robe/helmet too :)

Other healing u guys know you can build 100k even 250thousand HP zombies that explode and heal u with https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1910462
Maligaro's lens (100k,200k and 250K with newer league items that u can increase zombie HP by a lot :D )

Edit: By the power of Hircine from skyrim etc xD sorry if i write it Hircanic and not Hercanic at times lol mate.
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
Larabiata4711 what u think of my post at previous page?:)
bout using Devouring Diadem + Cloak of Defiance 6L?:D
@Hercanic too
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
Did u see my previous page post about Devouring Diadem + Cloak of Defiance robe?:D
What do you think of that?
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
[self-quote snip]
"
Also [Devouring Diadem] allocates us Eldritch Battery, SO i thought to myself hmmm if i can't use it to heal my 4000 hp + 4000 ES and 2000 mana,to heal me 8000 ES on a mana guardian templar ( only on players party members it can heal them 8000 ES) ,i figured wait a minute wait a minute :> :> :> Mind over Matter +10 % bonus -> Cloak of Defiance => force the devouring diadem to heal ur ES -> into mana -> into HP => problem solved it still double heals HP

I think you may be misunderstanding a mechanic or two somewhere.

Eldritch Battery just moves your ES from protecting Life to protecting Mana. It no longer converts ES to Mana (this was removed in Patch 2.0). Even if it did, recovering current ES/Mana does not have any effect on maximum ES/Mana, so nothing would happen with the Guardian's Radiant Faith ascendancy (15% of reserved mana as ES; mana recovery from Diadem is not reserved mana).

Mind Over Matter redirects a portion of incoming damage. It does not redirect mana recovery to life or life recovery to mana in any way.

Feast of Flesh only applies to you. It will not affect allies. It is not an Offering, either.

"
Maligaro's lens

The radius of the 2% heal is very small, making it unreliable if you are not on top of your minions when they die.

To make this work, you would need:

1. CWDT + Zombies + Meat Shield (keep them close to you) + Minion Life (maximize the heal). This will raise a Zombie when you are hit, killing an existing one when you are over your max Zombies.

2. CWDT + Desecrate (optionally + Cascade + Spirit Offering). This is to generate corpses for raising Zombies. Otherwise, you would need Aukuna's Will to forgo the corpse requirement. However, this puts you at risk to any enemy or strongbox that can detonate corpses. If your 100k+ life Zombies who are sticking near you due to Meat Shield are ever detonated, you're dead.

3. 10% minion resistance jewels to counteract -50% from the Lens. Otherwise, your minions will be wiped out from elemental damage. You don't want to lose your Zombies prematurely or they won't be at cap and thus no heal when you really need it. If you can keep Spirit Offering up (e.g. CwC Cyclone) and use Elemental Army on your Spectres, then you would only need one minion resistance jewel. (-50% from Lens, 51% from tree, 31% from L20 Spirit Offering, 40% base for Zombies/Skeletons and 30% base for Spectres = 72% Zombies/Skeletons and 62% Spectres without EA.)

For a (~100k * 0.02 =) 2k heal, you would lose Victario's Charity (Frenzy Charges = ~37% more damage; Power Charges = 10.5% more or 28% more with Kingmaker AG; which altogether would be worth 51% to 75% more damage), 1 passive point to take the extra resist node in the Indomitable Army cluster, 4 passive points to take Necromantic Aegis (if you weren't already, depending on if using CwC Ball Lightning vs Spirit Offering), at least 1 jewel mod for resists, and 1-5M Zombie DPS (since they'd have zero damage supports now).

I think there is merit in the idea. It can potentially be as powerful as Spirit Offering currently is (which may end up nerfed sometime in the future). It would shore up the biggest vulnerability of Glorious Vanity. If you wanted to go Acrobatics and pure Life, it could act as a replacement. It also does not require the Necromancer ascendancy.

Its ultimate downside, however, is its unreliability. If you are not within ~melee range of the dying minion you will not be healed.

The self-damage of the Gluttony belt casts at your feet, so that's one possibility, but you lose all ES and Cyclone will only cause self-damage when you first start a channel but not during a channel.

A Heartbound Loop ring would create a self-sustaining loop if paired with a low-level minion CWDT, but I have not tested how it affects CWDT's targeting. If it casts at your feet, then the ring would be the best solution. Triggering Spirit Offering as well and using Glorious Vanity in tandem would result in massive eHP recovery. Hmm... I'm starting to like this idea...

The trouble with this approach, though, is that to have high Zombie life you would need a high level Zombie gem, and thus a high level CWDT. Needing to take 3272 damage to gain ~2k life back would be a loss on its own if you tried to turn it into a loop. It could work as something that triggers once in a while, but if it doesn't trigger rapidly then the spawned Zombies have time to move too far from you and you'll lose the heal.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hercanic um 22.11.2019, 00:53:06
Spoiler
"
Hercanic schrieb:
@ thegamingkage:
Full Posts
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
@Hologram_o ,
@Hercanic

a guy's comment was :
Bog Kat
Bog Kat
10 months ago
Anderson Lima
Anderson Lima
10 months ago (edited)

Spoiler
The Devouring Diadem
Necromancer Circlet
Eldritch Battery
<One Veiled Mod>

Spoiler
Cloak of Defiance
Lacquered Garb
Mind Over Matter
When the throat roars,
As eyes weep,
When the hand grips hard
With trembling fingers,
When belly twists
Yet legs stand strong,
That is the work
Of the Defiant Heart.

"
thegamingkage schrieb:
Larabiata4711 what u think of my post at previous page?:)
bout using Devouring Diadem + Cloak of Defiance 6L?:D
@Hercanic too
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
Did u see my previous page post about Devouring Diadem + Cloak of Defiance robe?:D
What do you think of that?
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
[self-quote snip]
"
Also [Devouring Diadem] allocates us Eldritch Battery, SO i thought to myself hmmm if i can't use it to heal my 4000 hp + 4000 ES and 2000 mana,to heal me 8000 ES on a mana guardian templar ( only on players party members it can heal them 8000 ES) ,i figured wait a minute wait a minute :> :> :> Mind over Matter +10 % bonus -> Cloak of Defiance => force the devouring diadem to heal ur ES -> into mana -> into HP => problem solved it still double heals HP

I think you may be misunderstanding a mechanic or two somewhere.

Eldritch Battery just moves your ES from protecting Life to protecting Mana. It no longer converts ES to Mana (this was removed in Patch 2.0). Even if it did, recovering current ES/Mana does not have any effect on maximum ES/Mana, so nothing would happen with the Guardian's Radiant Faith ascendancy (15% of reserved mana as ES; mana recovery from Diadem is not reserved mana).

Mind Over Matter redirects a portion of incoming damage. It does not redirect mana recovery to life or life recovery to mana in any way.

Feast of Flesh only applies to you. It will not affect allies. It is not an Offering, either.

"
Maligaro's lens

The radius of the 2% heal is very small, making it unreliable if you are not on top of your minions when they die.

To make this work, you would need:

1. CWDT + Zombies + Meat Shield (keep them close to you) + Minion Life (maximize the heal). This will raise a Zombie when you are hit, killing an existing one when you are over your max Zombies.

2. CWDT + Desecrate (optionally + Cascade + Spirit Offering). This is to generate corpses for raising Zombies. Otherwise, you would need Aukuna's Will to forgo the corpse requirement. However, this puts you at risk to any enemy or strongbox that can detonate corpses. If your 100k+ life Zombies who are sticking near you due to Meat Shield are ever detonated, you're dead.

3. 10% minion resistance jewels to counteract -50% from the Lens. Otherwise, your minions will be wiped out from elemental damage. You don't want to lose your Zombies prematurely or they won't be at cap and thus no heal when you really need it. If you can keep Spirit Offering up (e.g. CwC Cyclone) and use Elemental Army on your Spectres, then you would only need one minion resistance jewel. (-50% from Lens, 51% from tree, 31% from L20 Spirit Offering, 40% base for Zombies/Skeletons and 30% base for Spectres = 72% Zombies/Skeletons and 62% Spectres without EA.)

For a (~100k * 0.02 =) 2k heal, you would lose Victario's Charity (Frenzy Charges = ~37% more damage; Power Charges = 10.5% more or 28% more with Kingmaker AG; which altogether would be worth 51% to 75% more damage), 1 passive point to take the extra resist node in the Indomitable Army cluster, 4 passive points to take Necromantic Aegis (if you weren't already, depending on if using CwC Ball Lightning vs Spirit Offering), at least 1 jewel mod for resists, and 1-5M Zombie DPS (since they'd have zero damage supports now).

I think there is merit in the idea. It can potentially be as powerful as Spirit Offering currently is (which may end up nerfed sometime in the future). It would shore up the biggest vulnerability of Glorious Vanity. If you wanted to go Acrobatics and pure Life, it could act as a replacement. It also does not require the Necromancer ascendancy.

Its ultimate downside, however, is its unreliability. If you are not within ~melee range of the dying minion you will not be healed.

The self-damage of the Gluttony belt casts at your feet, so that's one possibility, but you lose all ES and Cyclone will only cause self-damage when you first start a channel but not during a channel.

A Heartbound Loop ring would create a self-sustaining loop if paired with a low-level minion CWDT, but I have not tested how it affects CWDT's targeting. If it casts at your feet, then the ring would be the best solution. Triggering Spirit Offering as well and using Glorious Vanity in tandem would result in massive eHP recovery. Hmm... I'm starting to like this idea...

The trouble with this approach, though, is that to have high Zombie life you would need a high level Zombie gem, and thus a high level CWDT. Needing to take 3272 damage to gain ~2k life back would be a loss on its own if you tried to turn it into a loop. It could work as something that triggers once in a while, but if it doesn't trigger rapidly then the spawned Zombies have time to move too far from you and you'll lose the heal.

Ty for that Hercanic ye :D i had no idea Eldritch Battery into mana shield was nerfed pfff...

Btw ! With 250 k HP you can get a lot of healing, with more zombies at once,also benefiting from minion instability so they do fire damage blasts +++ the more caustic clouds on death of zombies etc :) you could do a mega auto healer + autobomber :D ,either manual or automated -> autobomber :D right?

Btw anyone here willing to lend me some necromancer gear so i can get the challenges asap until league ends in december?:(
I took a bad risk linking cloak of defiance turns out my experiment with devouring diadem + cloak of defiance was a fail xD
Sorry for the double post, poe forums are lagging out,i guess 4.0 and PoE 2 HYPE :D
Zuletzt bearbeitet von thegamingkage um 22.11.2019, 13:12:55
Hey,

thx for this great build !
I also got problems with some end game content because my gear isnt optimized. This is my first character since 3.0 or something and i am a bit overhelmed with all the new possibilities the game has to offer now.
Could you please help me with upgrades also ?

I am currently have about 10 ex to invest in gear and 9 unused skill points.

Thx

Edit: I finally upgraded my gear and made all the endgame content.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Miraculix2xx um 26.11.2019, 16:36:26
GAME UPDATE
If you missed it, GGG made four big announcements at ExileCon last week. (Streamer reactions)
I will cover a few things that stuck out to me that will likely impact the build.

ExileCon Announcements
So a couple weeks after BlizzCon, the makers of Path of Exile, GGG, hosted their own convention, ExileCon, in New Zealand, where they announced all their upcoming projects. The biggest is their 4.0 patch, not due out for another year, which began development years ago with the intention of competing with an eventual Diablo 4. Now that we've had an early peek at D4, comparing it with PoE 4.0 was something I looked forward to. There was much speculation, but no one expected what GGG had up their sleeves:

Path of Exile 2 (4.0)
A new campaign (demo) with seven acts that take place 20 years after Kitava. Overhauled mechanics, graphics, monsters, and more. Will feature 19 new Ascendancy classes and a different passive tree. GGG does not want to split their community, so it will run parallel with PoE 1 within the same client, as "One Game, Two Campaigns", sharing their endgame and all past and future league content. You can even play in the same party regardless of which campaign you come from. All microtransation purchases carry over between both, too.

They also announced the next league, Metamorph, and expansion, Conquerors of the Atlas, due out this December:

Metamorph League (3.9)
Build-a-Boss: Combine five flesh samples, dropped from monsters, to create a boss-level monster, the Metamorph, who has the properties of the samples used. The Metamorph can dynamically shift forms during combat between the shapes of any boss samples you used, changing its abilities and dangers. More challenging samples will give better rewards for slaying the Metamorph.

Conquerors of the Atlas Expansion (3.9)
While Leagues are temporary and may not be added to the base game, Expansions feature core system changes. 3.9's Conquerors of the Atlas will revamp the map system and continue the endgame storyline.

Finally, after all that, GGG unveiled their most experimental project:

Path of Exile Mobile
Nope, it's not April 1st. GGG wants to make a mobile game devoid of all the bullshit that mobile games are infamous for, like they did with Free-to-Play back when such a model also had a sour reputation. GGG has consistently shown great integrity and openness with their community all these years. If any company can make a good game, before anything else, that just so happens to be on mobile, something fun to do while on the bus and such, GGG has the track record.

3.9 will hit in December. 4.0 won't be for another year or so. 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.13 leagues will fill the gap.
3.9 Changes
The most concerning change is how much rarer Shaper- and Elder-influenced items will be now that their Atlas-influence mechanic will be gone. The four new types of Influence have their own mod pools, so it remains to be seen whether they will provide anything similar to bonus supports.

Plus supports will be nice chase items. In particular, GMP+, Multistrike+, and Spell Echo+ look pretty good for us.

Double damage from Spell Echo+ means longer freezes from our Spectres and Phantasms.

An extra repeat means Zombies are more likely to be able to Slam every attack.

An extra projectile means more overall coverage from Spectres and Phantasms.

The new Barrage Support and Arrow Nova Support do not support minions. GGG keeps letting me down with this kind of stuff. To this day, I still remember my brief fantasy of using Undying Evangelists with Spell Cascade, only to soon realize to my utter dismay that it couldn't support minions.

Bottled Faith divination card means more on the market, which is one of the few flasks that can actually benefit minion DPS.

Leash of Oblation would pair very well with The Queen's Hunger, turning the body armor's random Offering into a benefit.

Catalysts will be nice, if minor, but excellent for crafting. Their effect on mod probability should help with making your own Abyssal belt early on.

Both Metamorph and Conquerors are boss-centric. We perform rather well against most bosses with little gear, so barring any major summoner nerfs this should be a good league for us.

4.0 Changes
With so much unknown and still in development, it's hard to say what summoners will look like in 4.0.

What we do know, though, is that every piece of socketable gear will be capable of having one or more 6Ls. The concept for Speaker for the Dead is a Mass Minion Necromancer, to have a diverse undead army with as many fully-supported minions as is practical. In 4.0, we would be able to achieve this without Influenced gear. In fact, it'll more than likely become the de facto way to build a summoner. If this happens, will Speaker still have an identity among the crowd?

In any case, here's what we could do if we had this skill system right now:

Nine 6L, and possibly two more with Unset Rings (Hungry Loop on suicide watch). We could use any helm and weapon.

1. Zombies + Minion Damage + Melee Phys + Feeding Frenzy + Multistrike + Ruthless
2. Vaal Skeletons + Minion Damage + Melee Phys + Feeding Frenzy + Deathmark + Melee Splash
3. Carrion Golem + Minion Damage + Melee Phys + Multistrike + Maim + 1 more
4. Spectres + Phantasms + GMP + Faster Proj + Minion Damage + Elemental Army/Spell Echo

5a. Cyclone + CwC + Raging Spirits + Fortify + Minion Damage + Melee Splash/Melee Phys
5b. Cyclone + CwC + Ball Lightning + GMP + Curse on Hit + Curse
5c. Cyclone + CwC + Desecrate + Spirit Offering + Fortify + Life on Hit/Nightblade

6a. Flame Dash + Faster Casting + 4 other utility skills/supports.
6b. Ice Blink (instant, won't interrupt Cyclone)
6c. Leap Slam/Shield Charge + Faster Attacks

7. Animated Guardian + Meat Shield + Minion Life + Fortify + Melee Splash + Empower
8. CWDT Metagem + Desecrate + Spirit Offering + 3 more
9. Enlighten Metagem + Hatred + Generosity + Skitterbots + Bonechill + 1 more (Banner?)

10. (Ring) Holy Relic + Minion Damage + Controlled Destruction + Area Effect + 2 more
11. (Ring) Spell Totem Metagem + Animate Weapon + 4 more. Because why not.

Yeah, there's a looot of space. I predict Unset Rings may end up with a restricted number of support sockets (if any).

Triad Grip gloves will need a change. Spectral Wolves and Spiders from The Scourge/Arakaali's Fang will potentially have many more support sockets.

It'll be an interesting time for Speaker, that's for sure.

The new Defiler ascendancy for Witch looked like a new type of summoner class at first, due to her bone armor and the zombie-like look of the soldiers. On second glance and seeing the Arcanist again it's clear those are enemies and not the Defiler siphoning life from her own minions.

The Arcanist, who focuses on one element, Lightning, and has some sort of unique mechanic where she can build up energy.

@ Hologram_o:
Full Posts
"
Hologram_o schrieb:
Thanks for the response Hercanic I will ditch Bringer of Rain and use Mark of the Stitched Demon for my AG. 80% life regen per second is fucking broken as shit. I gotta get it now before it becomes legacy and worth several exalts more now.

Also i am still rocking the original dodge setup, about 7.5k life, 2 permanent endurance charges, 1 chaos golem, Fortify from AG Kingmaker and I am still fighting an uphill battle to 100. Using all brainpower and concentration i pull myself up to lv 98. I am at 98 and keep dying once in a while. Not often to the point of being an overly squishy summoner, but enough to deter me from gaining exp every now and then (climbed back up to about 25% exp now). I tried every means of gems to see if that improves the situation (finally got rid of vaal grace as it's super situational). I use blade flurry for easier control and flame dash + faster casting for familiarity and a standalone Shield Charge to proc Holy Relic and fast movement. Right now my Chaos Golem has the honor of being supported by Feeding Frenzy to destroy things in my path even faster than before.

Regarding playstyle i have to slow down quite a bit in clearing because minions usually cannot keep up with me and if I rush into a closed path with no supports from behind things can kill me kinda easily too :(. When I slow down I don't die which I am not currently happy with because I want to go faster. I only map t15/ elder map +zana mission spam, lv83 atzoatl spam, and delve for exp and do up to elder guardians T16.

Any tips to help me reach 100, that would be much appreciated. I hope i don't have to respecc into hybrid for this or make too many gear changes as I believe they are pretty much top tier compared to budgets now. I really love the build, but this is the last stepping stone :).

"
Hologram_o schrieb:
Finally made it 2/3rd way past 98 to 99. This truly is a test of sanity. I wonder how f*cked up exp will be at 99 xD.

Hopefully there will be some tips Hercanic can give me so that I don't play like stepping on egg shells to 100 xD.
"
Any tips to help me reach 100

1. Pure Breachstone ROTAs are one of the best sources of XP.

2. Swap Bloodlust and Vile Toxins out with Melee Splash and Feeding Frenzy. The AOE and dash give Skeletons new life when it comes to utilizing their advantages when mapping. In open, dense maps, you can cast a group or two ahead of you and just follow the destruction. In closed maps, using them to sweep side rooms without entering yourself is both safer and quicker.

3. Don't worry about the Agony Crawler and instead focus on mobility. Stopping to cast at the wrong time can turn ugly.

4. Turtle up. CWDT + Desecrate + Spirit Offering makes you practically immortal to medium and small packs. CwC Spirit Offering makes you practically immortal to non-Chaos degens. Even if Acrobatics reduces it from 15% to 10%, I still had great success in 3.7 with only 9%!

5. If you remember Bibpanana from Legion league, they too sought and reached level 100 with this build. Discipline + ES on Hit Watcher's Eye are extremely powerful for mapping, and Glorious Vanity gives more eHP while also pairing well with our existing LGoSH.

6. Consider Cyclone. It allows you to have a constant stream of Ball Lightnings on the field, feeding you with LGoSP to top off and spring back your life in an instant, while also moving you forward so you are no longer located where monsters started aiming at. The closer your mouse is to your character, the slower you'll move, so you are afforded some speed control. You can even spin while stationary when the mouse is on top of your character.

7. Tactics. Always approach unknown territory or a monster pack at a slight diagonal, a lazy zig-zag. This will avoid smacking face-first into a sudden volley of projectiles. Porcupine novas target you, so there's always a convergence of spines at wherever you were standing when they died, so you can avoid the worst just by strafing.

Is there anything in particular that's killing you?

"
I wonder how f*cked up exp will be at 99 xD.

XP to:
L98 = 273M
L99 = 295M
L100 = 318M

It only rises by 23M, but the penalty is what kills it.

T15 Penalty for:
CL97 = 7.66%
CL98 = 5.50%
CL99 = 4.02%

The penalty for a character at level 99 is nearly twice as much compared to 97.

If you can average 20M xp per hour, it'd take ~16 hours to reach 100 from 99. One death would be a loss of 96 minutes.

Take this with a grain of salt, though. The wiki numbers may be outdated. GGG has made adjustments in the past to increase how long it takes to reach 100, so I do not know if those changes have been properly accounted for.

@ Larabiata4711:
Full Posts & Previous Conversation
"
Hercanic schrieb:
If you feel it's fine, then for utility Spectres you could use a Ruin Hellion. Its AOE taunt reduces enemy damage by a whopping 30% and lasts 8 seconds. Normal taunt is only 10%.

Just note that multiple taunts do not overwrite each other, only the first remains in effect, so the Ruin Hellion's taunt may not work properly if your other minions have applied taunt before it.
"
Larabiata4711 schrieb:
@ Hercanic:
That sounds HUGE, thanks!

But it implies getting rid of minion taunt on jewels (no big deal) and whenever I add an AG, not giving him Meat Shield support (maybe a bigger deal...)

Hmm, with Mask of the Stitched Demon, how much defensive support does the AG actually still need? It should be pretty unkillable almost out of the box, right?

"
Larabiata4711 schrieb:
"
Larabiata4711 schrieb:
...using a slightly modified version of the 2H mace + Triad Grip build. ...the character is "Mrs__Cake" on my account! ...if you have any comments, I'd be very happy!
"
Hercanic schrieb:
Nice, it's great to see someone trying out the 2H variant!

Well, since I proposed it at some point (although in a very rough and preliminary fashion) and you made such intriguing suggestions how to improve it, I just had to try it once I got my hands on sufficient currency ... ;)

"
How have the Carrion Golems been performing? That's the number one aspect I have been wanting to test.

Clearing feels surprisingly smooth, even though I currently only have two golems and lack Immolate. Maybe it's because my movement speed is pretty low ATM (as you point out, not too much speed on the boots and no Quicksilver Flask).

"

An alternative implementation is to have them spawn Phantasms. It'll be less damage overall, but give 10-11 ranged minions.

Eventually, you'll want a helm with Immolate. The Carrion Golem has low base damage with several innate multipliers, so flat damage is significantly more valuable for them. Phantasms are similar, so either way you go Immolate will work out well.

I'll definitely try this if I can get my hands on such a helmet!

"

I see you've dropped Skitterbots for Discipline and ES on Hit. With Bonechill they're worth 40% more damage. You also have one red socket on Triad, so you lose a quarter of your Cold Damage, but it allows you to keep Generosity. Since you're already not using Bonechill, the damage loss is lessened. The Fire portion is able to benefit from EE, but not Hatred or Cold Exposure from Elemental Army. You could, though, swap Holy Relic for Combustion on your Spectres, supporting your army with -19% Fire Resistance on bosses. But the regen and nova from the Holy Relic is also pretty good.

I'm currently playing around with Skitterbots, but I certainly won't have a socket to spare for Bonechill. Had to switch to an Aul's Uprising with "Discipline reserves no Mana", which is not yet anointed, so it feels a bit rough at the moment ... I'll report once this has matured a bit.

"

Finally, since you're not using a Kingmaker AG, your Power Charges are only worth 10.5% more damage instead of 28%. For comparison, one Frenzy Charge is worth ~12% more damage. So an argument could be made for you going with two Carnage Chieftains instead of only one with a Host Chieftain. On the other hand, Power Charges mean more frequent Freezes and Ignites, so there's a unique utility there to consider. In the end, I'd keep the Power Charges.

AG is definitely on my shopping list. (Actually I have the gear already and am still leveling up the gems: Mask of the Stitched Demon, Rare Chest with 10% Maximum Life gained as extra Maximum ES, Victario's Flight, Gloves with Enfeeble CoH and Kingmaker.)
I plan to put it on a Hungry Loop with Minion Life and Empower. Not sure about the other two supports though. Do I really need Fortify on something with 60.000HP, that regenerates 16.000HP/sec (32.000 with Spirit Offering)? Meat Shield is also still unclear because it will interfere with the Taunt from Ruins Hellion, if I switch to that...

"

If it weren't for the Fire Damage, I'd have suggested a Frostbite ring (since you're not using an AG), as it'd free up a Spectre. Death Bishop is also pretty cool, since its Frostbite curse provides a huge additional 20% chance to freeze. Oh well.

Despite all the lost damage, I do like how you were able to keep CWDT Spirit Offering with ES on Hit. The damage should still be more than plenty for all content;

Oh yes :P

The only reason why fights against Chimera etc. take longer than 4 seconds is that they have phases when they are immune to damage. It's really incredible.

"

I was just having fun seeing how far I could push it. =o) Just a patch ago I was satisfied with 300k per Skeleton, and now I can surpass 2000k per Skeleton. It's pretty crazy!

As for your gear, you can get away with dropping the anti-bleed flask. Bone Armour purges bleed.

I was worried about cooldowns, but I'll give this a try!

"

Blood of the Kauri is an excellent life flask to consider.

Thanks, that may be a good replacement for the Staunching Flask.

"

Is there a reason you're not using a Quicksilver flask? It'll stack with Phase Run and Smoke Mine for fantastic movement speed. And unlike Phase Run, it'll work while you're using Cyclone, too.

Your Basalt flask is white.

Yeah ... I had swapped it in for Uber Elder and was too lazy to take it out again. I will try Quicksilver!

"

Anti-curse on your mana flask is actually a surprisingly good idea, because you can chug all charges of the flask and it'll stack up the entire duration. 5 sips * 5.3 sec = 26.5 seconds of curse immunity! You can also keep mashing that button after any pack to keep stacking and never have to worry about a Temp Chains map again.

Yes, this works incredibly well for any combination of "cannot regen" and "cursed with XYZ" map modifiers. One just needs to re-roll any "Life/mana regen is instant" modifiers on sextants; they really mess this up.
I have mapped my 5th Flask to "Space", and tapping that every few seconds is easy to get used to ... maybe I should switch Warding and Quicksilver Flask (when I have one!) for "normal" maps without curses etc., so that I'm automatically always running.

"

Try to upgrade your boots to 30-35% movement speed if you can. You can also enchant them without losing the resistance implicit now. That'd be another 10% movement speed or 2% life regen.

Will do once my AG is ready. Then I won't require Fortify on Boots any more, which should make shopping easier!

"

Nice body armour! You could add one more suffix if you multi-mod it.

That's on the list, yes.

"

A second LGoSH ring will double your life recovery from Ball Lightning.

I plan to switch to Hungry Loop with AG soon, so this won't work unfortunately. (Still need to figure out how to free up the required gem slot though ... maybe throw out Skitterbots for the time being).

"

By having solid life and ES recovery at the same time, you could then push your eHP with Corrupted Soul (best socket by Melding).

The numbers sure look attractive, but does it actually help?
Let's assume that I already have more ES than Life (with Spirit Offering up, that's true.) Corrupted Soul gives me even more ES, but it kills me whenever I'm hit for at least (2 * maximum Life) points, no matter how high my ES is. So without massive gear changes (investing much more in Life instead of ES), I don't think this will do any good.
Or am I missing something?
"
AG, not giving him Meat Shield support

Meat Shield will prevent the AG from engaging anything further than 35 radius away from you (under Minion AI). As long as you let the Ruin Hellion taunt the boss first before you get too close, your AG's taunt won't matter.

"
with Mask of the Stitched Demon, how much defensive support does the AG actually still need?

Consider that he'll have around ~100k life, maybe less, and while uncommon we do still lose a 100k+ life Spectre on occasion. Sometimes map and monster mods align for some truly nasty amounts of damage. Unless you're wealthy enough to not mind the loss of items, I'd personally play it safe.

"
maybe I should switch Warding and Quicksilver Flask (when I have one!) for "normal" maps without curses

I finally tested Enduring with anti-curse, and unfortunately the curse immunity doesn't stack with the mana regen. So its only advantage over a longer duration utility flask (5.3sec vs. 6sec Silver) is the low charge consumption of the mana flask (5 sips vs. 1-2 sips).

"
The numbers sure look attractive, but does [Corrupted Soul] actually help?

If your ES is already higher than your life, then it's debatable. It also has the downside of undermining Spirit Offering in situations where you would otherwise be essentially immortal (Chimera smoke cloud, for instance).

@ Drakoturt:
Full Post
"
Drakoturt schrieb:
If anyone wants to go HoGM be really careful!

I heard massive DoTs or Chaos damage degen are required for certain OP legacy builds that only exist there. There's a few guys with full screen one shot builds in there, also builds with insane regen and 100% block chance which is unkillable with minions.

Also my experience is the grandmaster's damage absolutely melt minions. My 80k+HP golems died in under 1 sec on the one of the first few waves, wouldn't recommend bringing in animated guardian at all.

I ended up getting a trap/poison guy to finish it for me, costed only a few chaos.
"
If anyone wants to go HoGM be really careful!

I talk about HoGM here. It was overall pretty easy. Most lines fell over. I was able to take out the archer builds that try sniping from the stairs by flooding them with an unending horde of Skeletons. The Flame Sentinel guy gave me trouble simply because I wasn't aggressive enough with Skeletons. Since I went into HoGM blind, my mistakes were from recon. The CWDT guys fell over to fire degen.

The only real danger was TheGrandHamster. You have to keep the pressure on so she can't recharge her ES and exhausts her initial flasks and Vaal skills. I plan to try Infernal Legion on Skitterbots to deal with her and the CWDT guys.

"
I heard massive DoTs or Chaos damage degen are required

Yes, though anything Chaos is countered by CI builds.

"
also builds with insane regen and 100% block chance

Frost Bomb and Block Chance Reduction Support (or degen).

"
wouldn't recommend bringing in animated guardian at all

Yeah, definitely keep him out of there.

@ xaeror35:
Full Posts & Proceeding Conversation
"
xaeror35 schrieb:
What is the best notables to anoint for this build?

"
xaeror35 schrieb:
I dont understand Desecrate. I dont see it actually doing anything?

"
Defiants schrieb:
So desecrate gives your spirit offering the corpses it requires consistently. In some situations you wouldn't need desecrate, but with desecrate spirit offering will always trigger, and with five corpses at least it will always recover 20% of your maximum life as Energy Shield, and last 10 seconds instead of just 5 seconds like it would with a single corpse.

I personally use it with cast while channeling support attached to my cyclone, so I'm constantly regenerating ES as I move.
"
best notables to anoint

Check out my response @ alexauron82.

"
I dont understand Desecrate.

Spirit Offering won't work without corpses. Boss arenas typically don't have corpses. Desecrate creates corpses for Spirit Offering.

@ not3not4:
Full Post & Proceeding Conversation
"
not3not4 schrieb:
Sorry if this has been asked, I was wondering how Necromantic Aegis would affect frenzy charges to minions:
If using Necromantic Aegis, would we increase our chances of applying frenzy since minions can apply frenzy to nearby allies from Victorio's Charity? tia
"
Kirian42 schrieb:
Oh man, switching to Necromantic Aegis was just frickin' amazing. You build Power and Frenzy charges like nobody's business, including on yourself. It feels like cheating.
"
I was wondering how Necromantic Aegis would affect frenzy charges to minions

Every minion (instead of you) would have the 5% chance on hit to give nearby allies (but not themselves) Frenzy Charges (then those same allies grant them charges in turn). You'll find freshly summoned Skeletons will near-instantly be at max Frenzy Charges because our minions collectively hit a huge amount of times and trivialize the 5% odds.

The main build does not need NA because of Ball Lightning, but if you want to use CwC Spirit Offering or Triad Grip, then NA is best (costs 4 passive points and you lose the resistances, block, and life/es of shield). As a bonus, you also gain Frenzy Charges from your minions, which the attack and cast speed is nice for mobility skills. Phase Run in particular benefits from a greatly increased duration if you have Frenzy Charges, which I'm making use of in my Triad Grip variant (see Hegemon_of_the_Dead character).

@ thegamingkage:
Full Posts
"
thegamingkage schrieb:
What is the best amulet i can annoint lord of the dead on? ( i have a timeless jewel above witch -> gives 3 nodes Slum Lord 80 % damage,but i lose lord of the dead + ravenous horde,
should i try annoint on teh blight league boots also the ravenous horde?lol

The Bad Juju unique amulet or what was it called,good for starting out?
why would i need BLOODGRIP unique's bleed resist if i use bone armor -> bleed immune?;D

"
thegamingkage schrieb:
and also @Hercanic
:D most don';t realize,
you can use :> FLICKER STRIKE :D
or if you know the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIydD7ULz8 "fuck her right in da pussy " me-me xD
i liked to call it " Flicker Strike'er right in da pussy" xD lolz

BUT unless your build got mega tanky,you might get into acid pools/dangerous stuff flicker striking :) but with fast attack speed etc you will relocate fast too lolz

"
thegamingkage schrieb:
Ty for that Hercanic ye :D i had no idea Eldritch Battery into mana shield was nerfed pfff...

Btw ! With 250 k HP you can get a lot of healing, with more zombies at once,also benefiting from minion instability so they do fire damage blasts +++ the more caustic clouds on death of zombies etc :) you could do a mega auto healer + autobomber :D ,either manual or automated -> autobomber :D right?

Btw anyone here willing to lend me some necromancer gear so i can get the challenges asap until league ends in december?:(
I took a bad risk linking cloak of defiance turns out my experiment with devouring diadem + cloak of defiance was a fail xD
"
annoint lord of the dead ... timeless jewel above witch

Anointments do not give you the original node. Whatever it has been converted to, that's what you'll get if you anoint that node.

"
Juju unique amulet

I did the math in an earlier response. The result was that Juju is competitive even with an ideal rare amulet, so long as your eHP is decent or high.

"
why would i need BLOODGRIP unique's bleed resist if i use bone armor

Bloodgrip definitely lost value with the new Bone Armour. Its main benefit, though, is that it doubles the life from life flasks, which is also multiplicative with recovery rate like from the Bone Barrier ascendancy (30%) or Herbalism notable (20% - anointable). A 900 life-per-sec flask would become 1170 with Bone Barrier and then double to 2340 with Bloodgrip. Quite a nice bit of recovery.

The Blood of the Karui flask gives up to 1168 life-per-sec. It'd become 1518 with Bone Barrier and double to 3036 with Bloodgrip.

"
Flicker Strike

Certainly an option, but dangerous. Even when rapidly teleporting around, monsters can surprisingly still land hits on you and we don't have any leech.

"
auto healer + autobomber

The issue is the range of Lens. You would have to be right on top of your minions when they die to benefit from the healing.

To use Minion Instability, the minion cannot simply die or despawn, they must enter the Low Life state (<35% life) or they will not detonate. Meaning if you want Zombies to explode you'll have to use Infernal Legion, but resistances will run counter to this while low resistances will make using any other minions problematic unless you socket them with Elemental Army. You could instead use a Coruscating Elixir with Umbilicus Immortalis, but then you'd be limited by flask charges.

Skeletons might be better. Although they have less life, you get 4 in one cast and don't need corpses. They can also be burned down even faster with Earendel's Embrace. Fire Triad Grip could be used to let your other minions scale from fire debuffs like Ash, Combustion, and Elemental Army.

@ Dashbb:
Full Post
"
Dashbb schrieb:
Thought I would try out the 2h mace version. I am sharing a couple of items between characters but can you just check and make sure I'm not doing anything wrong with this one. Would a Death Bishop casting Frostbite be better than the CoH ring?

Finally got around to gearing up my animate guardian.
Spoiler
"
2h mace version ... Would a Death Bishop casting Frostbite be better than the CoH ring?

I could have sworn I remember seeing Death Bishops and other variations had a 10sec cooldown on casting their curse, but I'm not finding it on PoeDB anymore, so I'll have to test to verify.

The nice thing about the Death Bishop, though, is his curse offers 20% chance to freeze, which is more than the 14% of a L20 Frostbite (10% @L5).

Since your Animated Guardian already curses with Elemental Weakness, you'll just be replacing each other's curses if you try to use Frostbite as well. To apply two curses from separate sources, the Animated Guardian would need a chest with "additional curse" crafted, and you'd also need a source of +1 curse if using the CoH ring. The game uses the curse limit of whoever curses last, so you both need to have a limit of 2 to avoid overwriting each other. You might be able to make it work with only +1 curse on the AG if you curse and then hold off, allowing the AG to be the last to have cursed and therefore using his limit. The Death Bishop would be no good, since there's currently no way to increase its curse limit (NA could do it if we ever get a +1 curse shield, or Umbilicus Immortalis if we ever get a +1 curse flask).

"
animate guardian gear

Nice, looks good! Only thing missing was quality on the helmet for a tiny bit more ES and regen. =o)

@ Kirian42:
"
Kirian42 schrieb:
Found as absolute perfect claw for this build for trade. Tier 1 and Tier 2 affixes... except for one thing:

Tier 10: Adds 1 to 4 Cold Damage

Yeah, that always sucks to get excited and let down within the same second. In your search options, you can exclude certain mods with 'Not'.

It's possible to use the claw, if: 1. Avatar of Fire or 2. Only hitting with a spell.

@ CanadaDemon:
Full Post
"
CanadaDemon schrieb:
Just wanted to drop by and give a thanks to you, Build Master Hercanic!

With this build in this league, I was able to kill Shaper and complete the entire Atlas (except HoG, obviously...) for the first time!

Appreciate all the work you put into this build guide! <3
"
I was able to kill Shaper and complete the entire Atlas (except HoG, obviously...) for the first time!

Congrats! =oD

I talk about HoGM here. My as-yet untested plan is to use Infernal Legion on immortal Skitterbots.

@ alatar:
"
alatar schrieb:
buena guia

Thanks!

@ Miraculix2xx:
Full Post
"
Miraculix2xx schrieb:
Hey,

thx for this great build !
I also got problems with some end game content because my gear isnt optimized. This is my first character since 3.0 or something and i am a bit overhelmed with all the new possibilities the game has to offer now.
Could you please help me with upgrades also ?

I am currently have about 10 ex to invest in gear and 9 unused skill points.

Thx

"
gear

Use Desecrate (5 corpses) not Unearth (1 corpse).

Drop Empower from Zombies. +1 level is not worth it. Empower only becomes worthwhile when it adds 4-6 levels. I recommend Feeding Frenzy as a replacement. They'll maintain the buff for your Spectres and Phantasms, and the Aggressive AI really helps Zombies get into the fray sooner.

10% of Life as Extra ES body armor craft (prefix) from Gravicius (Syndicate). It'll give you ~1000 ES on its own.

More movement speed on boots. You're only at 15%. You could have 30-35%. Then there's another 10% from a Labyrinth enchant. This'll make general movement feel a lot better.

Gem Quality. You can vendor a L20 gem with one Gemcutter Prism to get a L1 gem with 20% quality back. This is great for upgrading supports. For minion skills it's best to have a backup set, so you can swap them in while the 20%Q ones re-level in your second weapon set. Quality is especially good for Zombies, since it gives them both life and movement speed.

L21 gem for Phantasms. We don't care about quality here, so it's usually pretty cheap. This'll give you 11 Phantasms and increase their base damage by ~10% more.

L21/Q20 gems for all our other minions is desirable, but some are pricey.

+3 Minion Damage helm is worth ~80% more damage than a normal +1.

Faster Projectiles Support will give Phantasms significantly more range and area coverage. Trash monsters are more numerous than they are tough. Clearing them sooner means your harder-hitting melee Zombies don't waste their time running up to trash instead of a chunky rare.

Bone Armour purges Bleeds, so we don't really need Staunching on our flasks.

Blood of the Karui is an excellent life flask to consider.

You are lacking anti-freeze and anti-curse flasks.

You want an Enduring (prefix) Eternal (better duration) mana flask. You only need to use this for No Regen maps, but it's also helpful for raising Zombies quickly. I keep mine equipped just out of laziness, but it's not optimal.

A regular Quicksilver flask is better than Rotgut for us.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hercanic um 12.12.2019, 21:11:45

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: