Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
Jadran schrieb:
Significant revamps to Necromancer announced. Uh oh.

Why the "uh oh"? It should be more like "Oh, yeah!".
I am being optimistic that the Necro ascendancy will be buffed and improved. New key binds alone make all necro summoner builds stronger :D
"
Rakio schrieb:
"
Jadran schrieb:

I am being optimistic that the Necro ascendancy will be buffed and improved. New key binds alone make all necro summoner builds stronger :D

I'd love to believe that, but Necromancers are already very strong aren't they.
Well, at least we can hope for some interesting changes, not necessarily numerical buffs or nerfs.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
With the Carrion minion and the minions AI/stance gems, Necros will be even better.

Have previous Ascendancy re-works resulted in nerfs?
I believe that Summoners this upcoming league will be like Cyclone in Legion......You can just tell by reading between the lines in the league announcement that they will be getting a nice buff!
"
Jadran schrieb:
"
Rakio schrieb:
"
Jadran schrieb:

I'd love to believe that, but Necromancers are already very strong aren't they.
Well, at least we can hope for some interesting changes, not necessarily numerical buffs or nerfs.

Yeah, necro rework has been a long time coming, but I'm also in the 'uh oh' camp.

Do you remember the Ascendancy rework in 3.2? It moved them towards more pigeon-holing in that certain ascendancies work in a certain way that GGG envisioned. And some ascendancies actually became worse (eg. Slayer).

My biggest concern is what the changes will be for spectres. Currently, the mechanic is incredibly simple: find the monster you want, raise it in a high level zone, enjoy your game. Any changes to this could potentially make the class worse, i.e. through new complicated mechanics.

Necros are already incredibly powerful. They're just not popular because of 'the summoner playstyle'. Any buffs could push them into the broken range and that means a servere nerf in the future. It could end up joining Ele and Occy in the dustbin.

"
Rakio schrieb:
With the Carrion minion and the minions AI/stance gems, Necros will be even better.

Have previous Ascendancy re-works resulted in nerfs?

Elementalist and Occultist got big buffs in the 3.2 reworks, then got completely dumpstered in 3.7.

Minion AI/stance gems are a nerf. If you need to use them, it essentially means you go from 5 damage support gems to 4 damage support gems.

"
Rakio schrieb:
New key binds alone make all necro summoner builds stronger :D

Yes and no. It really depends on the build. If you use my Pledge of Hands build, you only need 3 binds.

--

If anyone is remotely interested in this build or curious about the difference between wand & shield vs Pledge of Hands, I think now is the time to play it, as 3.8 could fundamentally change Necros and how this build works. It could be business as usual (doubt it), nerfed (likely) or completely gutted
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Zuletzt bearbeitet von kayella um 21.08.2019, 00:10:42

Honestly Spectre mechanics are kinda awful.

1) Gem level has a marginal effect.
2) The whole travelling to another high level map to get a high level version.
3) If a Spectre dies it is a massive hassle to replace.

My hope that Spectre summon level is tied to gem level not zone level.

As for the AI support gems I doubt that the gems will solely change AI and nothing else. I suspect the 'aggressive' gem buff pet damage/speed while the defensive one buffs pet defence or maybe even Taunt.
"
kayella schrieb:
"
Jadran schrieb:
"
Rakio schrieb:

--

If anyone is remotely interested in this build or curious about the difference between wand & shield vs Pledge of Hands, I think now is the time to play it, as 3.8 could fundamentally change Necros and how this build works. It could be business as usual (doubt it), nerfed (likely) or completely gutted

Damn, I so in love with pledge great echo SD. So boring with SG .
I think GGG is going buff zombie and let spectre alone. We are fine and dont need change.
"
Max_zero schrieb:

As for the AI support gems I doubt that the gems will solely change AI and nothing else. I suspect the 'aggressive' gem buff pet damage/speed while the defensive one buffs pet defence or maybe even Taunt.

With regards to point 1: Raise Spectre starts with 30% less dps, 20% less life/es (level 1). Damage breaks even at level 11 and life/es at level 20 (!). This means that spectres do pathetic damage and drop dead from incoming damage when they become available at level 28. Basically the gem level 'unnerfs' them and does have a significant effect. The mechanic of raising monsters based on the zone they are raised in is old and clunky. Agreed.

Everything about Raise Spectre could do with a rework. I definitely agree with that. I just hope that it doesn't become broken in a different way and we need to jump through more hoops to get what we already have.

I hope that we can also ignore the AI support gem and have the current AI because spectres are actually not bad. Does anyone have any issues with Slaver Drivers AI? I don't.

🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Zuletzt bearbeitet von kayella um 21.08.2019, 01:22:28
In your leveling guide you suggest added cold and and holy flame totem that requires strenth and dexterity.
Seeing as you have a very noob friendly guide, I think you should consider adding in decent ways to get those stats.
"
kayella schrieb:
"
Max_zero schrieb:

With regards to point 1: Raise Spectre starts with 30% less dps, 20% less life/es (level 1). Damage breaks even at level 11 and life/es at level 20 (!). This means that spectres do pathetic damage and drop dead from incoming damage when they become available at level 28. Basically the gem level 'unnerfs' them and does have a significant effect. The mechanic of raising monsters based on the zone they are raised in is old and clunky. Agreed.

Everything about Raise Spectre could do with a rework. I definitely agree with that. I just hope that it doesn't become broken in a different way and we need to jump through more hoops to get what we already have.

I hope that we can also ignore the AI support gem and have the current AI because spectres are actually not bad. Does anyone have any issues with Slaver Drivers AI? I don't.

Yeah i also really hope, they change/rework only "the bad", as in, level of spectre depends on Raise Spec lvl, or some combination with Desecrate.

The mechanic of raising a spec somewhere, and then re-raising it somewhere else, was a thing that was kinda holding me back from trying my most beloved class of all games for a long time, kinda.

I hope they change the gem also for it to not "unnerf" the spec, but maybe just buff, or at least break even with all stats at like lvl ~10.

Yeah, i hope not much changes regarding the hoops, so that this wonderful guide, is still relevant and doesn't have to be re-written again ...

Interesting also the support gems and the new golem ...

My guess is that, like every new league, where a class is re-worked, it will be OP by default and then nerfed the next league. Still, i guess 3.8 is the right time for me to finally go with a Necro ! :)

//Edit: so, checking out Ziggy's video, he tells that Spectres will be one of the reworked gems, which will scale rather with the Gem level than other sources. I guess we'll have to see.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Nergal_ um 21.08.2019, 07:38:23

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: