Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hi, you say that it's beginner friendly but I'm a little confused... there's nothing there I can see about lower levels? I'm a lvl 45 witch who's new, what should I be building? So far my skill tree has just gone for more minions/minion life.
What should I buy? I have bought the following gems: PCoC, Arc, Lightning Pen & Spell Echo. My noob friend has just told me to level up my minions (which I've been doing... I'm not using the above gems atm) but my DPS is atrocious, and I'd really love any help I could get right now.

I know you must hate hearing "What should I get, I'm level x" but I've literally spent the last 4 and a half hours searching and still have no idea what to get and would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Ahquatic um 16.05.2015, 19:35:05
This build isn't for minions. If you started going for minions look up any minion build or reroll a new char and follow the guide how to build crit arc,
@rolfvector: Is that 12k without power charges? If so, it's not bad for your current gear. The biggest DPS boost aside from gem levels and quality on some (Light Pen, Echo, FC, Herald of Thunder) will be an amulet with 30+ crit multi and spelldmg/cast speed or crit chance.

@Ahquatic: What Angelwar said. Respeccing your Lv51 witch is not worth it, so i'd say hang on to your current minion spec and check if you like that playstyle, and level a completely new witch following the build progression in this guides leveling section.
twitch.tv/enki91
I still want to go this build... what should I get? level 56 here now.
Is getting a 6l legacy CoD still worth it with impending 2.0 changes to EB and aura mana costs? What would be the best value for money upgrades I can get with around 20 exalts now?
"
I still want to go this build... what should I get? level 56 here now.

If you want to go this build just start new char.
"
Veeny schrieb:
Is getting a 6l legacy CoD still worth it with impending 2.0 changes to EB and aura mana costs? What would be the best value for money upgrades I can get with around 20 exalts now?

I am nothing like an expert, but I'm in a similar situation, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

I have a legacy Cloak, and I'm not going to spend any more currency trying to 6L it until I can assess the full impact of the upcoming 2.0 changes.

Not sure what you're currently running insofar as armour, but a nice tri-res, high ES and life armour can be had for a pretty reasonable cost. Those will almost certainly always have some value regardless of what they do to EB. I love trading for new gear, but I'm in kind of a "wait and see" mode until 2.0 hits - at least when it comes to big-ticket stuff. JMO.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
Veeny schrieb:

OldeSchool is pretty much on point with this. Until we know all changes for sure it is a risky investment. I'm sure GGG won't just let MoM casters die, but it will be harder to pull off.

The leech changes may be another thing to adress, and i've also read something about a mana node buff (which i hope is true).

If you can take the hit to survivability, i'd just recommend go full DPS with a +1 Gem Level Tabula Rasa - that thing will always have some use.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 schrieb:
"
Veeny schrieb:

OldeSchool is pretty much on point with this. Until we know all changes for sure it is a risky investment. I'm sure GGG won't just let MoM casters die, but it will be harder to pull off.

The leech changes may be another thing to adress, and i've also read something about a mana node buff (which i hope is true).

If you can take the hit to survivability, i'd just recommend go full DPS with a +1 Gem Level Tabula Rasa - that thing will always have some use.

I don't think +1 tabula is good idea, since I am dying A LOT with my current gear. Went through 10 75 maps and 10 more 73-74 maps and ended up with 40% less exp than I started the day with.

I was thinking something like a lightning coil as a more permanent solution to help increase survivability, and at the same time not being affected much by 2.0 changes.
"
Veeny schrieb:
"
Enki91 schrieb:
"
Veeny schrieb:

I don't think +1 tabula is good idea, since I am dying A LOT with my current gear. Went through 10 75 maps and 10 more 73-74 maps and ended up with 40% less exp than I started the day with.

I was thinking something like a lightning coil as a more permanent solution to help increase survivability, and at the same time not being affected much by 2.0 changes.

Oh yeah in that case Tabula wouldn't be a clever choice.

I would not recommend a Lightning Coil for this particular build - aside from completely losing your sanity while trying to get 5b1r, you will need more leech as you'll lose the MoM buffer that currently keeps us alive against reflect, and you'll be simply more vulnerable to elemental damage.

Imo, just buy a 6L CoD. It's still a quite long time 'til 2.0, enough time for you to enjoy the build in its current full potential and level high. After 2.0 hits, the worst thing that can happen is a DPS loss with same survivability. I've unspecced EB to test and was at 555 unreserved mana and 280 mana/s - with buffed mana nodes and maybe more mana/reduced reservation investment it will still work just as good.
twitch.tv/enki91

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: