[3.22] Decay Glacial Cascade Occultist | 7.5mil Decay DoT

Hello, this is the first build guide I have made so there will probably be a lot of areas to improve on. This build is pretty hipster since who the hell wants to scale Decay and I didn't think it was going to work while starting it but it has surpassed everything I have thrown at it (besides Ubers but let's not count those.)

PoB: https://pobb.in/08iTWHgr6_-t
poeninja: https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestor/character/Polphin/phindecay

Build Idea

Using level 35 Decay support (gives 3393 Chaos Damage Over Time at this level) that comes from Forbidden Shako I wanted to find a way to scale it as much as possible. Initially, I had a Shako that game Pinpoint so I wanted to use Blazing Salvo (it was bad) but after testing a bunch of other gems I landed on Glacial Cascade. This seems to be the best skill to use for Decay because of the line "Final Bust Deals 200% More Damage" (240% with Divergent GC) making the DoT scale far more than anything else.

Since Decay is a little different than regular chaos or ignite DoT builds, the best way to scale damage is with Increased Damage, Damage over Time, Damage over Time Multiplier, Chaos Damage, Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier, and Minion Damage (from Spiritual Aid.) Pick up all of it you can on the tree/clusters and get those mods anywhere you can on gear. Things like Spell Damage do not affect the damage scaling.

Defences
This is the main part of the build I want to work on more since it's a bit lacking. We get a good amount of armour, some evasion, and capped Spell block since we can't get Spell Suppression. Swapping out Haste for Grace and having flasks up it's not that bad but could be a lot better. It's no 90 max res pathfinder that's for sure.

Pros:
- Mapping with Occultist pops
- Hit the boss a few times and you can run around while Decay does its thing
- Doesn't cost too much to get started
- Isn't cold dot

Cons:
- You need to be at a distance from bosses to get the final hit off with GC and some bosses just want to be right in your face
- Defences aren't insane
- Not giga fast at mapping
- Bossing takes a bit of time
- Most gear needs to be self-crafted and can get expensive if you want it to (or if you are unlucky with crafting like I am)

I will try to find a way to record a video of the mapping/bossing

Gear

Spoiler
Forbidden Shako with 35 Decay support.

If you can find a secondary minor support that helps the build then go for that but all you need is level 35 Decay. The Inspiration gem that is on mine doesn't do much besides make the cost go down a little bit which is a nice QoL.

Utula's Hunger is a great chest and provides so much flat life that is really needed for this build. Also helps not having to craft gear with high life roles since that can be a pain. Getting %Inceased Damage implicit is the best for this.

Convoking wand with as much DoT+Dot Multi+Minion Damage as you can get. I started with a fractured base that was fairly cheap and spammed Essence of Fear on it until I hit DoT Multi and crafted %Damage over Time.

Minion Damage shield with res and max Spell Block (this is important since we hit exactly 75% spell block on this build)

Hunter Influenced Apothecary gloves. Spam Fear essences until you get Chaos DoT and any resists you need.

Boots with move speed and res.

Amulet with DoT Multi and attributes. This build is pretty starved for strength/dex. If possible, getting %Damage talisman is best in slot for the implicit (mine is the lowest roll you can get lol).

Ring with Despair on hit (makes mapping really smooth) and ideally on a Bone Ring so you can get Minion Damage prefix. I also went with a synth ring that had Increased Damage and Increased Chaos Damage on it and just spammed Envy essences until I hit something good. Getting +1 Minimum Frenzy on both rings is ideal but not needed. Try to get at least one ring with frenzy on kill though (it will make mapping better.)

Darkness Enthroned is the best belt for this since we can have jewels with +life on them and it doesn't brick Utula's Hunger. 100% effect is expensive so if you can't buy one just go for 95%. There is a threshold on the item where the 96-99% gives absolutely nothing in return.

Flasks are pretty open to whatever you want. I went with Basalt, Jade, Quicksilver, Sulphur, and a Life pot. I will swap out the Jade for a Quartz while doing delve. The main mods are increased armour/evasion and movement speed. Cast speed is also nice.

Jewels

Spoiler

x2 Hypnotic Eye Jewels

Mods to look for are +life, DoT while Holding a Shield, Enemies Withered by you have -2% to all Resistances, Cast speed, Attributes, and Resists.

The Blue Nightmare: This along with x6 Tattoo of the Valako Stormrider help with giving us max Spell Block

Forbidden Flesh/Flame: Commander of Darkness for Cast Speed, Increased Damage, and +30% all res

Rare Jewel with Corrupting Blood Immunity. Something with Minion Damage, Increased Damage, DoT, and Life.

Large Cluster: Unholy Grace, Unwaveringly Evil, Wicked Pall

x2 Medium Cluster: Flow of Life, Student of Decay, and Wicked Pall are all good

Small Cluster: Mana reservation jewel with increased effect and Uncompromising so we can fit in more auras

Watcher's Eye: Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence. Other things to look for are most Determination mods and Phasing while Effected by Haste, Movement Speed while effected by Grace.

Gems

Spoiler
Divergent Glacial Cascade (level 1) + Swift Affliction + Void Manipulation + Cruelty + Decay (Shako) + if there is another minor support Shako gives that is useful.

Levelling GC doesn't give anything since GC technically does no damage so just keep it at level 1.

Wither + Spell Totem + Multiple Totems

CwDT + Molten Shell

Flame Dash and Shield Charge for movement

Curse setup
There are two solutions I have found. Either self-cast Punishment or use Arcanist Brand with Temp Chains + Punishment for some extra defences and get Whispers of Doom on the tree (dropping a medium cluster.)

Punishment + Enhance (Self-casting)
or
Arcanist Brand + Temporal Chains + Punishment + Enhance (Need to be EB for this)

Auras
Enlighten + Determination + Malevolence + Tempest Shield +Grace/Haste + Vitality/Dafience Banner

Spoiler
Vitality isn't needed but if you do add it in for the small life regen and 8% damage make sure to spec Eldrich Battery. There is also a way to get Dafience Banner in but you need a 3 passive small reservation cluster which are expensive

Haste/Vaal Haste for mapping

Grace/Vaal Grace for bossing

Aspect of the Spider (on gloves, boots, or even a ring if you can fit it in)

Ascendency

Spoiler
Void Beacon
Withering Presence
Profane Bloom
Unholy Authority

Pantheons

Spoiler
Major - Brine King. Stuns are annoying and freeze immunity
Minor - Abberath. Ignite/Burning ground immune. Since we don't have much regen burning ground kills you really fast

Tattoos

Spoiler
Valako Stormrider (lightning res that also gives us spell block)
Tuatara for some extra attributes
Honoured Tattoo of the Sky for some additional res (I wasn't Ele Weakness capped without a few)
Hinekora Storyteller for some skill effect duration
Honoured Tattoo of the Berserker for Onslaught on Hit

Eldrich Battery

Spoiler
I decided to not run EB on this build only because I have enough damage to make up for the small increase I get from the aura mastery while using Vitality and it doesn't give that much regen to begin with plus my Forbidden Shako has Inspiration which helps reduce the mana cost. I also have 700+ energy shield which is nice to have for my overall EHP. It ain't much though. But specing EB makes it much easier to spam your skills.

Improvements

Spoiler
There are a few upgrades I have in mind for this. Getting a 3 passive small reservation cluster with 35% increased effect and determination reservation so I can swap back to EB and add in Defiance Banner for some extra defences and getting a better watcher's eye with a grace mod on it but each of those upgrades are 15d+ and I am giga poor.

Any Feedback is welcome
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Polphin um 17.10.2023, 14:15:28
Zuletzt angestoßen am 17.10.2023, 04:03:06
reserved

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: