3.8 - Flickava - A Pure Physical Two Handed Flicker Strike / Vaal Double Strike build

INTRODUCTION

This build uses a Watcher's Eye with "Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence" to bypass the self-inflicted bleeds from The Golden Rule. The Red Trail generates Frenzy Charges on Hit while Bleeding. This combination of uniques allows for a Flicker Strike build with 100% uptime, no elemental conversion, and can use any weapon.

Using a two handed weapon means we have two six-links, so Vaal Double Strike is included for single target.

PROS
Spoiler
+Flicker Strike is fun.
+Vaal Double Strike melts bosses.
+Not locked into a specific weapon.
+Two seven-link skills.
+Easy to color.

CONS
Spoiler
-Six linking two items may be expensive.
-Cannot do Physical Reflect maps.
-The weak cannot handle the glory of Flicker Strike.

SKILL TREE

BANDITS
Spoiler
Kill all.

GODS / PANTHEON
Spoiler
Major: Soul of Lunaris or Soul of Solaris.
Minor: Soul of Garukhan , Soul of Gruthkul, or Soul of Shakari.

LEVELING TIPS
Spoiler
Follow the tree and focus on axe nodes.
Level with Sunder or some other preferred skill.
Do not take two handed nodes until after a decent two handed axe has been acquired.
Take Resolute Technique and respec out of it once sufficient accuracy on gear has been acquired.

Kitava's Feast is a great axe for early mapping. It comes with Melee Splash, so can act as an early pseudo 6/7 link since Flicker Strike benefits greatly from Melee Splash. It has innate life and mana leech. It destroys enemies on kill, so on death effects can be ignored.

GEMS
Spoiler
Flicker Strike
Flicker Strike | Multistrike | Melee Splash | Impale | Close Combat | Fortify | Maim

Vaal Double Strike
Vaal Double Strike | Impale | Close Combat | Brutality | Maim | Multistrike | Fortify

CWDT
Cast When Damage Taken (10) | Molten Shell (15) | Blood Rage (13) | Berserk (12)

Movement
Leap Slam | Faster Attacks

Curse
Blasphemy (1) | Vulnerability

Buffs
Enduring Cry
Dread Banner
Precision
Malevolence (1)

7 links?
Use Pristine Fossils and Serrated Fossils to craft a chest with "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim".
Elder influenced Two Handed Axes and Two Handed Swords can roll "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Fortify".

FLASKS
Spoiler

Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Iron Skin.
Lion's Roar.
Experimenter's Silver Flask of Warding.
Experimenter's Sulphur Flask of Heat.
Bubbling Divine Life Flask or Blood of the Karui.

DELVE
Spoiler

Disclaimer: I am only at depth 336.

I mostly delve with Flicker Strike. Cities can be a bit of a challenge/deadly, so gem swapping to Cyclone is an option.

REQUIRED UNIQUES
Spoiler

LEAGUE STARTER VIABLE?
Spoiler

Sure.

Transitioning to Flicker Strike with 100% uptime requires all three uniques, which can be mildly expensive at league start. However, the build can be played with other skills until the uniques have been acquired.

HARDCORE VIABLE?
Spoiler

Anything is hardcore viable if you believe in yourself.

I've done most content deathless (notable exception: Hall of Grandmasters). However, at some point you will change out gear, test upgrades, etc. and forget that Malevolence was disabled. Without bleed immunity the self-inflicted bleeds will kill you in less than a second. Definitely not speaking from experience here. Definitely has not happened 10+ times.

MY CHARACTER
Spoiler

Flickava
My character on poe.ninja.

My Path of Building code.
Note the "Lethal Pride - 10925" jewel. Path of Building does not calculate the bonuses from Close Combat Support or stacks of Impale. I'm fairly sure I got the math right on the jewel. Also note that Berserk is disabled. You will not have 50 Rage and Berserk at the same time, so Berserk is left disabled for demonstration purposes. Consider it a reactive measure to incoming damage.

BLIGHT GEAR
Spoiler

VIDEOS
Zuletzt bearbeitet von lts1809 um 19.11.2019, 23:37:39
Zuletzt angestoßen am 19.11.2019, 20:45:09
[Reserved]
Que buena build, la velocidad de ataque y el dps son muy buenos, la jugare :)

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: