[3.9] Endurance Charge Jugg

"
Vivan schrieb:
"
OchinchinXD schrieb:
What do you think about LoreWeave for this build? Can i use it?

Defensively, it is a much worse option with both life and resists. You would also probably need to run a purity of elements just to hit resist cap. The degen from the nebulochs also would be worse too. Would be more damage tho.

Depends on which version your using. If playing in standard and can get your hands on a 80 max res chest. Youll be fine to use. It'll actually save 5 skill points + having to run 3 vaal resistance gems down to just 1 to cap.

Which in turn grants more dps + hp

But if running league then should use rare over loreweave with 3 vaal gems

My build i am currently on standard and have been able to do all content, uber elder included just fine with it and im running 4 auras, herald of ash, purity of elements, arctic armor, and vitality + im able to get 30% to phase on kill which makes clearing a lot easier in delves because your able to move freely through packs to get the most clear possible which is in the niddle or if you want to dodge an attack works great

I'm playing this molten strike and i feel like my clear speed is negative it takes too long to clear a map :thinking_emoji:
"
gucioslaw14 schrieb:
I'm playing this molten strike and i feel like my clear speed is negative it takes too long to clear a map :thinking_emoji:

Then maybe you should try a clear speed focused build.
Since Fortify only adds "more melee damage", does that mean it won't affect our magma balls? If so I think we need to put it somewhere other than main link for sure
"
merlinbolt schrieb:
Since Fortify only adds "more melee damage", does that mean it won't affect our magma balls? If so I think we need to put it somewhere other than main link for sure

Correct. That is why I do not use it in the 6 link.
I've been thinking about the Combustion Support gem...

It says that only enemies ignited by the suported skills get the negative fire resistance...

I read that multiple ignites from different sources can be applied as stacks, but don't do damage simultaneously, only the one with the highest damage deals damage at a given time.

Since we have avatar of fire, that means our orb of storms and leap slam also deal fire damage, and therefore they have some chance to ignite, although relatively low. If enemies are ignited by our our orb of storms or leap slam first, and then get a second ignite stack from our molten strike, will they still get the -X% fire res? (I don't know if they will count as getting ignited when they're already ignited)

Conversely, if we take combustion out of our main link and instead linked it with a skill like orb of storms (or firestorm, which hits more often I think), and the enemy is ignited by our molten strike first (which also deals more damage), will this negate the -X% to fire resistance from our firestorm/orb of storms that is linked to Combustion Support?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von merlinbolt um 11.10.2019, 10:18:52
"
Vivan schrieb:
"
merlinbolt schrieb:

Correct. That is why I do not use it in the 6 link.

Fortify does a little more than just damage. Last time i checked it granted 20% additional physical damage for 4 seconds. Am i wrong?
"
Xiser schrieb:
Fortify does a little more than just damage. Last time i checked it granted 20% additional physical damage for 4 seconds. Am i wrong?

No, fortify just grants damage mitigation, but we're not talking about not using fortify, we're talking about not using fortify support on our main 6-link molten strike
Zuletzt bearbeitet von merlinbolt um 12.10.2019, 11:28:42
Since I'm selfcasting molten shell, I found out that it would be better to use a 4-link for a level 1 CWDT with level 7 wave, with the high level curse on hit and flammability.

This saves 1 gem socket, but more importantly, we don't need to be selfcasting orb of storms, so we save time there as well.

I couldn't do it on my setup as my helmet is mirrored and thus can't be recolored, and my gloves is where the auras go. But I tried it and it works.

I know orb of storms helps us activate the "if you dealt a crit recently", but we can get that to be permanently up from our regular attacks most of the time.

Also after a good number of hours of play, I believe that if you can manage it, molten shell should be selfcast, rather than be on CWDT. Especially if the CWDT is low level, since then we run the risk of proccing molten shell when we don't need it, and it not being available when we do.

With 3.7 we didn't have the extra 5 hotkeys that we have now, so we had to save up on those for the vaal impurities, and for that it made sense to put molten shell on CWDT.

It could be that having to use the extra hotkeys gets too complicated, and in that case a CWDT molten shell could be more efficient.

One other reason why CWDT might appear to be very valuable is, if you can't (attributes required coming from belt) or don't want to use gluttony to temporarily max out your endurance charges before each map or fight, then CWDT molten shell can save you from a lot of deaths from random packs of monsters that you didn't consider threatening. But this can easily be fixed by just selfcasting molten shell the first time you run into a pack of monsters or boss without having your endurance charges up. Doing this will even save you from many more deaths than the CWDT version, as it will save you from 1-hits too.

If you're in a situation like me and don't have a spare 4-link, one option would be to 3-link wave, curse on hit and flammability. That saves an additional gem socket. However, wave is slower to cast than orb of storms, and the effect only lasts 4 seconds, so it can get quite slow.

In the meantime I've managed to acquire a good fortify on hit nebuloch, so I was able to take fortify support out of my main link. I added concentrated effect instead of the endurance charge on melee stun, since I believe damage output is more important than range. For bosses I still swap out ancestral call for the endurance charge on melee stun. (maybe for hexproof or curse-resistant bosses we could use fire pen support instead? probably not but I'm not sure)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von merlinbolt um 13.10.2019, 18:34:32
"
merlinbolt schrieb:

Also after a good number of hours of play, I believe that if you can manage it, molten shell should be selfcast, rather than be on CWDT. Especially if the CWDT is low level, since then we run the risk of proccing molten shell when we don't need it, and it not being available when we do.

With 3.7 we didn't have the extra 5 hotkeys that we have now, so we had to save up on those for the vaal impurities, and for that it made sense to put molten shell on CWDT.

It could be that having to use the extra hotkeys gets too complicated, and in that case a CWDT molten shell could be more efficient.

One other reason why CWDT might appear to be very valuable is, if you can't (attributes required coming from belt) or don't want to use gluttony to temporarily max out your endurance charges before each map or fight, then CWDT molten shell can save you from a lot of deaths from random packs of monsters that you didn't consider threatening. But this can easily be fixed by just selfcasting molten shell the first time you run into a pack of monsters or boss without having your endurance charges up. Doing this will even save you from many more deaths than the CWDT version, as it will save you from 1-hits too.

The reason I did a CWDT low level molten shell is because I wanted maximum uptime on it while I typically saved my vaal souls for vaal molten shell to use liberally as a self cast instead of impurities. I found that during mapping, I had enough clear to use vaal molten shell pretty much anytime I needed it. Also, the low level molten shell didn't really matter in mapping/delving because I pretty much always had my armour flask up which capped the damage shield despite being low level. The few times I did die, was typically on unexpected things earlier in maps that I wouldn't have normally thought to use selfcast molten shell. So, this worked for me. But, if you are doing fine with selfcast, the go for it! Saving links is always nice. And your setup would probably work better for boss farming too.

Cheers

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: