[3.9] Sad of Dying - The undying Juggernaut Build

In Eternal Lab I got every attack is a crit buff (crit chance was 100%). Damage went up by x2-x3 and got no stuttering you mentioned :)
Hi
is the Volatile Dead build good for uber elder
or should i go for the other builds you got?
Sorry for the late reply.
To be honest I did not got that far yet, but I guess either Dual Trigger or Volatile can work.
Would be cool if you would try and share some experience, if possible a video.
Hi there, I'm going to try this build in Standard (I love trigger builds). Just waiting for my 21/20 Volatile Dead to be transfered from Blight tonight.

I have 3 questions:

* How about taking Juggernaut (and the point before) instead of the two 5 % points from the Bloodless wheel? In sum it's the same max life, but with additional armour.

* Why Bubonic Trail when Death Walk doesn't trigger while cycling? For the abbyss jewel bonus? Does it count for any abbyss jewel in the tree as well, or just the one(s) in the boots? Death's Door could be an alternative (or any rare with life, resists and movement speed).

* What's with the crit bizz? Is it worth the 16 points on the tree (additional 11 if we took the Purity of Flesh wheel instead of the Thick Skin wheel and left the whole dext branch)? We could use CwC instead of CoC and invest in more fire/ele damage nodes (e.g. Arsonist heading from Barbarism; Divine Judgement; Holy Fire; Explosive Impact) AND wouldn't have to deal with hitting mobs. Also there would be another gem slot for buffing VD (Fire Penetration, Empower,...). I didn't do the math, maybe somebody checked it already?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok, maybe I should have read the Nebuloch description before writing the third question. You do want to do damage with Cyclone, because of the increase of phys damage per endurance charge, right?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von willi_wuterich um 08.12.2019, 17:16:32
Hi,

"
* How about taking Juggernaut (and the point before) instead of the two 5 % points from the Bloodless wheel? In sum it's the same max life, but with additional armour.

We do have the maximum 90% physical mitigation at all times due to Nebuloch, why stack more armour?

"
* Why Bubonic Trail when Death Walk doesn't trigger while cycling? For the abbyss jewel bonus? Does it count for any abbyss jewel in the tree as well, or just the one(s) in the boots? Death's Door could be an alternative (or any rare with life, resists and movement speed).

All Abyss count here, hence we reach 40% more damage, which according to PoB is superior to other Boots. Anyway, yes Death's Door are definitely an option because of the Bleed Immunity.

"
* What's with the crit bizz? Is it worth the 16 points on the tree (additional 11 if we took the Purity of Flesh wheel instead of the Thick Skin wheel and left the whole dext branch)? We could use CwC instead of CoC and invest in more fire/ele damage nodes (e.g. Arsonist heading from Barbarism; Divine Judgement; Holy Fire; Explosive Impact) AND wouldn't have to deal with hitting mobs. Also there would be another gem slot for buffing VD (Fire Penetration, Empower,...). I didn't do the math, maybe somebody checked it already?

Ok, that will need a bit explanation:
CwC:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_while_Channelling_Support
... in that only one spell can be triggered per event ...
... Trigger a Supported Spell every (0.45-0.35) seconds while Channelling Supported Skills ...
This means we can only trigger ONE linked Spell per 0.35 seconds, not even both.

CoC:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike_Support
... There is an internal cooldown to how fast spells can be triggered, as of patch 3.5 the cooldown is 150ms ...
In contrast to CwC this results in EVERY linked Spell to be cast up to every 0.15 seconds, depending on your Crit and Hit Chance and Attack Rate.
The formula is:
1 / (Attack Speed * Hit Chance * Effective Crit Chance) (of Cyclone, according to PoB)
Compare also https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362 for more details.

Conclusion:
So in fact we trigger up to ~12-13 Spells with CoC per second instead of <3 with CwC.

I didn't do the maths and PoB for CwC but I would say it is hard to achieve >300% more damage with the Crit nodes being relocated.

Maybe I am wrong here but doubt it.

Did I mention Critical Strikes always ignite? Together with Ngamahu's Sign this is 30 heal per Crit.
Also several of the Crit nodes and stats also affect spells.

"
You do want to do damage with Cyclone, because of the increase of phys damage per endurance charge, right?

It does some Damage yes but not that much, most DPS comes from the triggered spells.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Mirathas um 09.12.2019, 01:17:06
"
Mirathas schrieb:
Hi,

"

We do have the maximum 90% physical mitigation at all times due to Nebuloch, why stack more armour?

"

All Abyss count here, hence we reach 40% more damage, which according to PoB is superior to other Boots. Anyway, yes Death's Door are definitely an option because of the Bleed Immunity.

"

Ok, that will need a bit explanation:
CwC:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_while_Channelling_Support
... in that only one spell can be triggered per event ...
... Trigger a Supported Spell every (0.45-0.35) seconds while Channelling Supported Skills ...
This means we can only trigger ONE linked Spell per 0.35 seconds, not even both.

CoC:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike_Support
... There is an internal cooldown to how fast spells can be triggered, as of patch 3.5 the cooldown is 150ms ...
In contrast to CwC this results in EVERY linked Spell to be cast up to every 0.15 seconds, depending on your Crit and Hit Chance and Attack Rate.
The formula is:
1 / (Attack Speed * Hit Chance * Effective Crit Chance) (of Cyclone, according to PoB)
Compare also https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362 for more details.

Conclusion:
So in fact we trigger up to ~12-13 Spells with CoC per second instead of <3 with CwC.

I didn't do the maths and PoB for CwC but I would say it is hard to achieve >300% more damage with the Crit nodes being relocated.

Maybe I am wrong here but doubt it.

Did I mention Critical Strikes always ignite? Together with Ngamahu's Sign this is 30 heal per Crit.
Also several of the Crit nodes and stats also affect spells.

"
You do want to do damage with Cyclone, because of the increase of phys damage per endurance charge, right?

It does some Damage yes but not that much, most DPS comes from the triggered spells.

Thank you for this fine explanation!
Hello there and thanks for this beautiful guide! I have never liked being dead in poe so something durable like that is a very good choice for me.

I have wanted to play some unkillable build with cyclone for some mapping this league didn't even want to go for bosses, as it has been very unprofitable for me every other league.

Moreover, I have broken my right wrist a day ago, so that leaves me with a mouse in my left hand, 2 buttons that are very easy to press and two more which are very inconvenient to work with xD.

Do you think a temporally injured player like me will be able to play this build just fine? No button mashing required most of the time?
Hello gaser,

sad to hear, wish you get well soon.

To answer your question, yes this is one of several builds being playable most time with one button (Cyclone).

Sometimes you have to hit a bleed/health flask for sure as long as you don't have bleed immunity corruption on Ring or use Death's Door Boots.

Also Endgame Bosses and Delve may require more often Flask usage and movement skills, thats why I myself fail them :-)

Have fun playing the game!

Best regards
Mirathas
"
Mirathas schrieb:
Hello gaser,

sad to hear, wish you get well soon.

To answer your question, yes this is one of several builds being playable most time with one button (Cyclone).

Sometimes you have to hit a bleed/health flask for sure as long as you don't have bleed immunity corruption on Ring or use Death's Door Boots.

Also Endgame Bosses and Delve may require more often Flask usage and movement skills, thats why I myself fail them :-)

Have fun playing the game!

Best regards
Mirathas

I think I'm gonna bind 1-5 flasks on the side mouse button and use them at once xD
Still, have not planned to do endgame bosses at all, even b4 my injury, so I hope those few will be enough for my t10-t14 maps.

Thanks and have fun too ;)
I am using this build as I've planned and I'm quite happy with it, it is exactly what I wanted. Thank you for making it ^^.

I wanted to ask though, in the end, which setup deals more damage, 1 damaging coc spell or two?

And also, is there a way to change our 6l setup drastically to improve our boss dps capabilities? I haven't gotten my endgame gear yet, there is yet a lot to do to improve my damage as is, and I did kill all the guardians I've met so far, but maybe there is a way to deal much higher solo target damage?

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: