[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

Guide Updated
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
This build won't change much as Occultist in 3.8. Will have to see how managing mana goes, but this build already runs Clarity + Mana Flask so I don't think it will be a problem. No Regen maps might get annoying.

However, I am likely to drop Occultist until they rework it and get it out of the nerf basement. Assassin looks good to me.

I might play something like this in 3.8; we'll see:

https://pastebin.com/wNb3bsZt
Guide doesn't need major updates to 3.8. Just a couple minor tweaks to the passive tree for Occultist to pick up Disciple of the Forbidden and Prodigal Perfection.

Mana nerfs did not hit this build at all, because this build was already doing what GGG wanted... running level 20 Clarity and a Mana Flask.

That said, I want to switch things up. I'm going to play this build as an Assassin for a while.
"
tackle70 schrieb:
Guide doesn't need major updates to 3.8. Just a couple minor tweaks to the passive tree for Occultist to pick up Disciple of the Forbidden and Prodigal Perfection.

Mana nerfs did not hit this build at all, because this build was already doing what GGG wanted... running level 20 Clarity and a Mana Flask.

That said, I want to switch things up. I'm going to play this build as an Assassin for a while.

How this build works with the assassin class? :) Is it better in any way than occultist? I am going to switch if its worth the effort.
"
strong_as_hell schrieb:
"
tackle70 schrieb:

How this build works with the assassin class? :) Is it better in any way than occultist? I am going to switch if its worth the effort.

It's definitely not better as an all around choice, mostly because boss fights where you start without maximum power charges can kill you easily. It's also slightly less flexible on gearing since your only real amulet choice is presence of chayula to deal with stuns.

It is, however, a much faster version of the build for speed clearing maps, because of the elusive and move speed bonuses on the tree.

I think it's slightly worse than Occultist in deep delves. Feels a bit more glass cannon.

I'm playing assassin because I already have a level 97 shadow, don't care about dying since I don't want to grind another character to 100, and wanted to play something different after several leagues as Occultist.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von tackle70 um 10.09.2019, 09:25:52
What passive would u get on ur amulet?(alloitment thing)
"
SweeperÆBusk schrieb:
What passive would u get on ur amulet?(alloitment thing)

I'm not certain. Here's my thoughts so far:

The at-first-glance choice is probably Heart of Ice. It's the highest single DPS notable according to my path of building, by a lot, at +9% more total DPS.

Part of me wants to test Hex Master and see how much a difference the extra radius would make on blasphemy curses... if it could get projectile weakness out to the edge of the screen, it might be good.

Utmost Intellect could be a good choice since it would save 4 passive points, which might net you >10% DPS.

If you built this out in a delve-specific way as Occultist, you could take Charisma, which could save 5 passive points. This might also be a good pick for people who don't have multiple level 4 Enlighten gems.

Dark Arts might also be a really good pick instead of pathing over to it.

It's also possible that you could take Infused, and then not go over into the Shadow area of the tree at all and instead find a better use for those 13 points, but I'm not sure. Would require some creative re-thinking of the passive tree overall.

Another idea would be to take something like Druidic Rite to try and buff flasks but again this would need testing to see if it's actually good.
There also might be something crazy you could do with Whispers of Doom and run tri-curse Occultist. But you'd have to get creative to figure out how to make it work and I dunno if it would be better.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von tackle70 um 11.09.2019, 14:14:48
Trying out Righteous Fire on my Occultist to try and make farming Delve 1000-1100 a little easier. I figured why the hell not with all the regen I have from my rings and the ascendancy... not like ES regen helps you stay alive when most things 1-shot you

Delve 1044 w/Righteous Fire (yay DPS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aywrXzr9rso&feature=youtu.be

Path of Building currently: https://pastebin.com/skBVs3vY

I think I'm going to run my Assassin as a speed-clearing mapper and then run this version of Occultist to farm Delve when I get sulphite.

Will update build guide eventually during 3.8 after I'm settled into my variations.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von tackle70 um 11.09.2019, 21:03:44
"
tackle70 schrieb:
Trying out Righteous Fire on my Occultist to try and make farming Delve 1000-1100 a little easier. I figured why the hell not with all the regen I have from my rings and the ascendancy... not like ES regen helps you stay alive when most things 1-shot you

I think I'm going to run my Assassin as a speed-clearing mapper and then run this version of Occultist to farm Delve when I get sulphite.

Will update build guide eventually during 3.8 after I'm settled into my variations.

Any chance u can show me a 3.8 skill-tree for occulist main build version?
Because you say "Take "Disciple of the Forbidden" instead of Dark Arts." but in your builds that i can find, you have both nodes?

Also, do you not use the militant faith jewel anymore? or would u not use it in 3.8 oculist?

And did you switch to presence of chayula instead of the jade amulet?

Sorry, bunch of questions to clarify.. I'm looking for a solid all around build. I do like delving also and at the same time i'd like to easily farm shaper/uelder. Map speed isn't as important:)

Pls tell me which of your builds i should go for, as i'm respeccing my summoner into this! (bored of minions, it was way too easy and zzz!)

aaaaaaaaand last last... You don't have arcane vision node? how can you see anything when your light radius is based on your lifepool and not ES? im so confused

Thx for response:)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von oestergreen um 01.10.2019, 11:05:16
"
oestergreen schrieb:
"
tackle70 schrieb:

Any chance u can show me a 3.8 skill-tree for occulist main build version?
Because you say "Take "Disciple of the Forbidden" instead of Dark Arts." but in your builds that i can find, you have both nodes?

Also, do you not use the militant faith jewel anymore? or would u not use it in 3.8 oculist?

And did you switch to presence of chayula instead of the jade amulet?

Sorry, bunch of questions to clarify.. I'm looking for a solid all around build. I do like delving also and at the same time i'd like to easily farm shaper/uelder. Map speed isn't as important:)

Pls tell me which of your builds i should go for, as i'm respeccing my summoner into this! (bored of minions, it was way too easy and zzz!)

aaaaaaaaand last last... You don't have arcane vision node? how can you see anything when your light radius is based on your lifepool and not ES? im so confused

Thx for response:)

For Occultist in 3.8, non-Delve, I'd set it up like this (pretend there's an Eternal Mana Flask in there, other than that I think it's correct):

https://pastebin.com/WL0vmh0R

Yes to Militant Faith. Inner Conviction keystone is super OP at 9+ power charges. I run it as in the guide, up near the CI keystone.

I only run Presence of Chayula in Delve; Maps are just not dangerous and for bosses like Uber Elder where I take off Bisco's Collar, I still prefer The Pandemonius.

In Delve, I sacrifice defensive nodes, like Utmost Intellect, to be able to take Dark Arts, because the extra cast speed is really important when you have to react quickly to enemies that can 1-shot you. There's also no point, IMO, in taking Arcane Vision in Delve - your light source is flares/mine cart, so no point wasting a passive on something that doesn't work anyway.

And in case it's not obvious: I would NOT run Righteous Fire in maps. It's not feasible, don't bother. That's a Delve only thing, and even then only when you have very specific GG gear pieces that enable it to work (+ES recovery watcher's eye, %ES regen precursor's emblems, 10+ charges)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von tackle70 um 01.10.2019, 14:40:52

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: