[3.16 updated] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Life/ES Dark Pact Skeleton Caster League Starter

Gloomfang gives 33% MORE dmg. There was literally no way to craft anything even comparable to it since I've checked it in PoB last time like 2 leagues ago. It also provides life leech which is now so helpful after Warlord's Mark nerf. And it's a 1c amulet. If now in Legion there is something better than Gloomfang I want to see that! :D What is that new amulet you talking about zoNiklv?
I think he means this one https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Badge_of_the_Brotherhood
"
brant09081992 schrieb:
Gloomfang gives 33% MORE dmg. There was literally no way to craft anything even comparable to it since I've checked it in PoB last time like 2 leagues ago. It also provides life leech which is now so helpful after Warlord's Mark nerf. And it's a 1c amulet. If now in Legion there is something better than Gloomfang I want to see that! :D What is that new amulet you talking about zoNiklv?

hmm... how about this then:
use the essence of delirium on a shaped amulet base...
you get: 0.5% of chaos dmg leeched as life, and then aim to also get % increased dmg per 15 int shaper mod. ( i lowered builds pob to lvl 88 which is more to my taste, and it shows 418 int. so that`s almost 28% increased dmg. ) and if on top of that we could get cast speed also, well, then i`m quite sure it`s better than gloomfang ( havent done any pob tests though... ) not to mention that you can also get life on the amulet, or craft % increased max energy shield or get more resists and such stuff.

although this would be more expensive...
In my setup 28% increased dmg is equal to 4.5% MORE dmg. Gloomfang gives 33% MORE dmg. Even a mirror tier amulet with 4x t1 rolls (crit multi, cast speed, spell dmg and global crit chance) would give me only 20% MORE dmg. There are only 17 amulets with 4xt1 damage rolls on Standard and 0 on Legion and the cheapest one is listed for 100ex. And none of them even has a leech mod. So I don't see any reason for going with a rare amulet unless you prioritize life/ES over the dps.

I have mixed feelings about Badge of the Brotherhood. It seems to be crazy good for builds generating both Power and Frenzy Charges frequently enough to over maintain '% chance to lose' mods. I don't think my build is suited for that.
It is well suited for the task :) I'm planning to use Blood Rage/Cold Snap and Disciple of Slaughter/Overcharged from the tree (Remember we get to play with distant notables here, right?). Maybe later something similar to that Precursor I've used.

Spoiler

The second I've seen this Amulet ( https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Badge_of_the_Brotherhood ) I'm like "no way i'm playing anything other than crazy power and frenzy charge build this League".

See not only we can get up to 10 frenzy charges and FD CDR, but Withering Step itself is a bomb with almost 80% increased move speed and auto-casting multiple Withered on enemies.

Spoiler
Withering Step is an instant spell that removes any existing Elusive effects on you, and grants a new full strength Elusive buff. Withering Step applies multiple stacks of Withered to any enemy when they first enter an area around you, but only once per skill use. Withered increases damage taken from Chaos, which includes Poison effects. While the Elusive from Withering Step is active, you'll be granted Phasing and the cooldown will be paused. Any skills you perform will remove Elusive, which will start the cooldown. At higher levels, the skill has increased Elusive effect.

You can use the skill as an instant way to apply Wither to enemies around you, as a way to quickly avoid attacks with a sudden burst of speed and dodge chance or as a sustained speed increase that also lets you apply Wither to large paths of enemies as you move.

Elusive
The new Elusive buff grants 40% increased movement speed as well as 20% attack and spell dodge. Unlike other buffs, Elusive doesn't have a duration, but instead loses buff over time, until it is removed on reaching 0% effect. This means that increasing your buff effect also increases how long the effect on you lasts. Most sources of Elusive won't overwrite an existing Elusive buff on you.

4 flame dashes loses you one Frenzy Charge, even 5% from Disciple of Slaughter means killing 20 mobs gets it back. That sounds like a 100% uptime while mapping/delving.

Self-cast DP will be a truly good time with crazy cast speeds, auto-debuffs, instant flame dashes and zoom-zoom running - you name it.

Looking back at own videos, I expect DP runs like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XPYOuLrs00

Easily beating my last build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_NbNEjm0k

Everything is much better now: speed, survivability and even boss killing like it needed any love before :D
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zoNiklv um 03.09.2019, 00:12:56
That all sounds great but the other reason to use gloomfang was the life leech and warlords mark is gone, so I assume your all in on the lab enchant on the boots?
Hard to tell how that enchant will look now, I'd wait till patch notes release to see if it's useful now. Urn and Atziri will be more enough to sustain hp while mapping.

Looks like two +1 Chaos Wands and subsequently DP Lvl 21 -> Lvl 23 will boost damage by about 25% :D
has anyone looked at and considered picking necromancer ascendancy now that it`s been reworked?
https://web.poecdn.com/public/news/2019-08-23/ChickenNuggets.jpg

from what i read in the manifesto today, spellcasters are getting mana nerfs, which sucks, especially since this build does ask for some good -mana cost items. ( don`t know about others, but personally, i hate using mana pots! )

so when i looked at new necromancer ascendancy, few ideas sparked...
essence glutton gives us 20% mana, for each nearby corpse we get ES and mana regen and if we consume corpses, we get more regen to ES and mana...
( desecrate and flesh offering would be huge ) if we also throw in Mistress of Sacrifice so that offerings affect us as well -25% effectiveness we`d get move speed, cast speed. throw Corpse pact on top of that and you also get increased damage, cast speed and a nice chill and shock on enemies near our spawned corpses...

so to sum it up:
Essence Glutton
Mistress of Sacrifice
Plaguebringer
Corpse Pact

on top of that we cast desecrate and flesh offering...:

20% increased mana
0.2% up to 2.0% Energy shield regeneration ( per nearby corpse )
5 up to 50 mana regeneration per second ( per nearby corpse )
10% more damage with at least 1 nearby corpse
enemies deal 10% reduced damage with at least 1 nearby corpse
8% Energy shield and mana regen over 2 seconds when you consume A corpse
( so, if wording is correct, you can consume up to 9 corpses with one offering cast, which means 9*8 is 72% over 2 seconds, that`s 36% every second! )
30% increased damage ( if consumed a corpse recently )

22% increased movement speed
22% increased cast speed
18% increased cast speed ( if consumed 9 corpses recently via offering )
enemies slowed by 10% ( enemies chilled near corpses recently spawned )
20% enemies damage taken ( enemies shocked near corpses recently spawned )

so, overall, is this viable, or is occultist still a better option?

Don't go +1 chaos dark pact is a minion gem go +1 minion and it will also buff your skeletons.

Ill definitely be looking to build as a necro well see the patch notes/new passive tree tomorrow
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Reibus um 03.09.2019, 18:12:00
"
Reibus schrieb:
Don't go +1 chaos dark pact is a minion gem go +1 minion and it will also buff your skeletons.

Ill definitely be looking to build as a necro well see the patch notes/new passive tree tomorrow

Haven't seen a mention of this affix in the recent notes, it only said +1 to Elemental and Chaos Gems.

Not liking Necro idea, but why not - you can try it out. At the end of the day it's a beauty of PoE, running any Skills with any Ascendancy :)

If you totally don't want to play Occultist with her blooms, something like this (Assasin) is next in line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZMchotDrg
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zoNiklv um 03.09.2019, 19:27:22

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: